Intel Batttemage?

Edward78

Sounds good, hope they are better at drivers now. Anyway if it is close to the RTX4070 like he says, I do like it will be cheaper. Of course my 3060Ti seems to be doing 4k good, with MO2 max on like everything. My MB must do gamebar, I didn't think so though.

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

4 hours ago, Edward78 said:

Sounds good, hope they are better at drivers now. Anyway if it is close to the RTX4070 like he says, I do like it will be cheaper. Of course my 3060Ti seems to be doing 4k good, with MO2 max on like everything. My MB must do gamebar, I didn't think so though.

<sigh> If it actually does compare in game to a 4070 ti, do you honestly think that they would price it at half the cost? Of course they won't. His price prediction is out to lunch.

On 4/7/2024 at 9:08 AM, Blue4130 said:

<sigh> If it actually does compare in game to a 4070 ti, do you honestly think that they would price it at half the cost? Of course they won't. His price prediction is out to lunch.

I agree - I think the cost will be higher - closer to 4070 cost for the 970 and closer to $1000 US for the 980. Of course as the smallest manufacture of the 3, they may look to buy marketshare by heavily discounting the battlemage cards like they did alcamist. 

2 hours ago, rjtyler1 said:

I agree - I think the cost will be higher - closer to 4070 cost for the 970 and closer to $1000 US for the 980. Of course as the smallest manufacture of the 3, they may look to buy marketshare by heavily discounting the battlemage cards like they did alcamist. 

They didn't really though, did they? They seemed to be briced somewhat near their performance (though I may be mis-remembering)

14 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

They didn't really though, did they? They seemed to be briced somewhat near their performance (though I may be mis-remembering)

You are correct. The marketing guy always stated that they will price on performance. And they have. 
but if performance has increased die that actually lead to cost increase, or will they attack Nivdia and AMD on cost?