Upgrading to Windows 11

Go to solution Solved by Kid.Lazer,

Not trying to derail your build thread, BUT...

If you want to upgrade to Windows 11 (which sounds like the sole goal here) without spending any money, it's fairly easy to do. You can modify the installation ISO with a script or RUFUS to bypass those hardware checks. (I usually use the official ISO then modify it with this tool). I have done it on dozens of "unsupported" systems with no ill effect.

Budget (including currency): ~$500 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Unity, Unreal Engine, Blender, DOOM Eternal, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, etc.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I already have a decent gaming PC, built out of an old Dell Optiplex 5040 (with a free Windows License, wow). However, some components are too old and unsupported by Windows 11. When running the installation assistant or PC Health Check, It tells me:
1: Too Old CPU (Intel Core i7-6700, Windows 11 calls for 10th Gen minimum)
2: Mobo doesn't support TPM 2.0 (currently only supports 1.2)

I already have:
A Fine enough GPU (Radeon RX 570 OC)
Storage for my stuff (500G SSD + 500G HDD + 1TB HDD)
A crap ton of Peripherals (Keyboard, Mouse, Mic, Headphones, wired controller, External HDD Bay) and a Monitor (An old Dell monitor from 2011).
16GB DDR3 RAM (although we are most definitely replacing that.)

What I'm mainly looking for:
10th Gen Intel i7 or newer or Ryzen 5 or 7 of similar power to i7 (preferably Intel so I don't have to reinstall Windows.)
16GB RAM (whither it be DDR4 or 5 depends on the motherboard)
A Micro ATX (MATX) Motherboard with a lot of USB connections. (My current mobo has 6 on the back, all of which I use. I can't use the front 4 because they're blocked by the case, and Dell never put any front panel USB headers on the motherboard...)

(probably optional) A Better Power Supply (Currently I have a Corsair CX430 (see now somewhat outdated pictures) and it's been fine, but some newer chips require more power.)

IMG_3875.jpg

IMG_3874.jpg

IMG_2219.PNG

If you want to upgrade to Windows 11 (which sounds like the sole goal here) without spending any money, it's fairly easy to do. You can modify the installation ISO with a script or RUFUS to bypass those hardware checks. (I usually use the official ISO then modify it with this tool). I have done it on dozens of "unsupported" systems with no ill effect.

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

4 hours ago, Kid.Lazer said:

Thank you, we'll see if this works.

IMG_6970.jpg

6 hours ago, Kid.Lazer said:

It totally works, Absolute Thank You! (and yes, I have the MacOS Monterey background as the lock screen image, because I find it nice.)

IMG_6977.jpg

1 minute ago, SrinpyMusicalTechSquirrel said:

It totally works, Absolute Thank You! (and yes, I have the MacOS Monterey background as the lock screen image, because I find it nice.)

IMG_6977.jpg

Thats.. horrifying. You, sir, scare me to my bones. My mother would tell me about people like you, and god, she was right. Will have nightmares and continuous torture thanks to you. I have to go to the psyche ward now, good day.

Just now, Linuswasright said:

Thats.. horrifying. You, sir, scare me

Thank you, I do that sometimes. :}

2 minutes ago, Linuswasright said:

Thats.. horrifying. You, sir, scare me to my bones. My mother would tell me about people like you, and god, she was right. Will have nightmares and continuous torture thanks to you. I have to go to the psyche ward now, good day.

Say Hi to Jorge for me then. :}