Looking for a 3rd (going to be) Primary monitor for gaming

Sheperad306
Go to solution Solved by Sanedish,

I use 2 LCD monitors i've set to 144hz and just use an cheap EIZO Monitor as my 3rd.

I use the 2 Good monitors in the middle and on the left [wich is where i look most of the time] and the cheaper one on the right as an "if i need it i have it" or just to quickly check something/look at something. 

Reference image:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b6770087d1addec840b22638ef966066.png

the huge stain is in my mouse pad and won't come out

As a 3rd monitor, you don't need a high end QLED or an OLED with nuts blacks and colors if you barely look at it or don't do anything you'll need any of that for.

What type of 3rd monitor you need is FULLY depending on what you wanna do with it.

Do you want all monitors to be the same, can it be a different size, does it need to be a high refresh rate or highly color accurate?

But for the norm, just buy a monitor that you think looks good and inform you self about it and if it fits your needs,

I hope that helped ^^

This is my current setup https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DRdN4M; to summarize it has a 3070ti with a 3600xt and im confused on what monitor to match them with. Budget: ~200 (Very open to buying used), I currently have 2 IPS monitor that serve me well; however the other panel types:
TN (Ive heard they have good refreshrate)
OLED (Amazing blacks)
LED (Great brightness)
QDOLED (Not sure)
To name a few, im not sure which types are best for what applications (although i've been researching to better understand). Do you guys have any suggestions? Or can summarize which type would be best for a specific use case?

I use 2 LCD monitors i've set to 144hz and just use an cheap EIZO Monitor as my 3rd.

I use the 2 Good monitors in the middle and on the left [wich is where i look most of the time] and the cheaper one on the right as an "if i need it i have it" or just to quickly check something/look at something. 

Reference image:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b6770087d1addec840b22638ef966066.png

the huge stain is in my mouse pad and won't come out

As a 3rd monitor, you don't need a high end QLED or an OLED with nuts blacks and colors if you barely look at it or don't do anything you'll need any of that for.

What type of 3rd monitor you need is FULLY depending on what you wanna do with it.

Do you want all monitors to be the same, can it be a different size, does it need to be a high refresh rate or highly color accurate?

But for the norm, just buy a monitor that you think looks good and inform you self about it and if it fits your needs,

I hope that helped ^^

I am NOT a professional and I write before I think, so REFRESH THE PAGE!!!  Theres a 99% chance I've edited my post.

Also: Please enable XMP/D.O.H.C before asking why your ram is too slow.

Sorry, but for $200 you're not gonna get any significant upgrades, even used. OLED and QD-OLED monitors will run you at least around $700 new, or 20-30% cheaper when buying used.

If you're looking for a picture quality upgrade, I'd suggest looking at HDR options. A few good entry-level HDR options have been popping up lately. For example this AOC model for $280:

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

On 4/8/2024 at 4:39 AM, Stahlmann said:

Sorry, but for $200 you're not gonna get any significant upgrades, even used. OLED and QD-OLED monitors will run you at least around $700 new, or 20-30% cheaper when buying used.

If you're looking for a picture quality upgrade, I'd suggest looking at HDR options. A few good entry-level HDR options have been popping up lately. For example this AOC model for $280:

Good to know, thank you. Ill save up some more for something worth while then. Much appreciated because I wasn't sure how much I should be paying