My laptop's GPU is overheating like crazy while the CPU cool

Hey there, so I just got my laptop fixed (Asus Zephyrus G15 2022, Ryzen 7, RTX 3060) and my laptop now has a major flaw.

My GPU will run at 100% while playing any game (even CPU intensive) and will hit temps of 98-100°C, meanwhile my CPU will casually sit at 70ish (which isn't normal since the CPU would always sit way higher than the GPU, unless I was running RTX or something along the lines, which even then.. the CPU would sit at the same temps as the GPU, not any lower)

I've even gone ahead and reapplied the thermal paste but it hasn't seemed to have fixed the issue.

Simple games like Minecraft can't even run over 20FPS. Meanwhile, before the repair, Minecraft would run at 400FPS with the GPU happily sitting at around 50°C while the CPU did most of the work running at 90°C (which is normal)

I've clean installed drivers again, reset BIOS to default settings, underclocked, basically everything. Yet nothing works

My laptop is a gaming laptop, yet now it can't do the one thing it is meant for, game.

In fact, things are so bad that my GPU will sit at 70°C while watching YouTube, it's nuts! 

I can't do anything properly whatsoever.

(Note: fans are clean, thermal paste has been reapplied, drivers have been reinstalled)

What was the repair that was done? You mention it a couple times but don't actually say what repair was done to the computer prior to the issue. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

What was the repair that was done? You mention it a couple times but don't actually say what repair was done to the computer prior to the issue. 

Oops, sorry my bad. Basically the ram was faulty and caused the laptop to shut down. Simply replacing the stick of RAM brought it back to life but also caused a few issues. The RAM is working perfectly fine though so I don't really know what's causing the issue.

15 hours ago, Swifty Ethan said:

Oops, sorry my bad. Basically the ram was faulty and caused the laptop to shut down. Simply replacing the stick of RAM brought it back to life but also caused a few issues. The RAM is working perfectly fine though so I don't really know what's causing the issue.

Yeah.. so these are the temps while running Casette Beasts (CPU intensive)

IMG_20240406_131113.jpg

3 hours ago, Swifty Ethan said:

Yeah.. so these are the temps while running Casette Beasts (CPU intensive)

IMG_20240406_131113.jpg

Get it back to place it fixed it so tey fix it again.

21 hours ago, Swifty Ethan said:

When you say 'shut down', do you mean it would cause the system to BSOD, or actually power down? What other issues were caused when the RAM was replaced? The ones in the first post?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch