Type c to type c cable not charging phone on motherboard

Hello,

I have just recently noticed something strange is happening when trying to charge my phone with a type c cable to type c from my motherboard. My phone is a samsung and It's displaying "x" amount of battery and "x" amount of time until it's fully charged. Whenever I plug it in it will not go up / down and just stay at the same amount of battery percentage. I'm not sure what is causing this and all my usb devices are up to date. I wonder if this is just something wrong with my motherboard. or the cable. Another thing to note is that I don't hear anything on my windows when i plug it and isn't detected in file explorer "This PC" which it did used to.

If anybody knows why it's doing this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Motherboard: B450 GIGABYTE AORUS PRO (non-wifi)

Many modern phones require more power to charge than the motherboard may be able to provide. What type of charger does the phone come with/which specific model of phone is it? Alternatively the cable may have an issue. Does the phone charge when you use the same cable in combination with its charger? Have you tried the port on the motherboard with any other device, e.g. USB disk?

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

If it worked before on that system, I'd try another cable.

Also there might be some settings in the Bios, but I just opened the manual and couldn't find anything.

You could try a Bios reset If you like. Then reenable XMP.

Also you could try to connect your phone to another PC with this cable.

I'm willing to swim against the current.

13 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Many modern phones require more power to charge than the motherboard may be able to provide. What type of charger does the phone come with/which specific model of phone is it? Alternatively the cable may have an issue. Does the phone charge when you use the same cable in combination with its charger? Have you tried the port on the motherboard with any other device, e.g. USB disk?

It used to be perfectly fine when I charged it in the motherboard before. It's a samsung a52 and it gave me that exact cable. I might have to order a new cable because it doesn't even get recognised. I can't use it in a plug socket because it only uses USB. I only have one type c cable