External SSD corrupting pictures?

Ragsan

Hey guys,

I really dont know where else to go, neither adobe support nor apple support could be helpful so far. I'm turning at you for your aid! The beacons of gondor have been lit!

So I'm a photographer and I've noticed since a year that from time to time my .psb (photoshop files) are sometimes getting corrupted (see screenshots below). Sometimes I get an message sometimes its just there (even without saving).

I've tried multiple different options etc but the only remaining option that could be the cause is the external SSD I'm always working on.

Its a brandnew (one year old) Samsung T7 Shield 4TB exfat formated (I'm using both windows and mac) 

I'm most of the time editing on my Macbook Pro M2 Max 

Anyone experienced or seen something like that? 

Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-02 um 23.55.41.png

Bildschirmfoto 2024-02-28 um 23.48.24.png

Bildschirmfoto 2024-02-28 um 22.28.24.png

Googling about that ssd gives plenty of bad reports about it, with file corruption and other issues.

It feels like there's always something wrong nowadays with Samsung ssd, regardless of what type it is.

Have you tried Samsung Magician?

Install it and do a health scan. Show us if there are any numbers on bad sectors, crc errors and that stuff.

If it can be confirmed that it's bad and dying you should use the warranty and return it. Replace it with another ssd from a different brand than Samsung if you have a warranty left from the reseller.

37 minutes ago, Mumintroll said:

Have you tried Samsung Magician?

Install it and do a health scan. Show us if there are any numbers on bad sectors, crc errors and that stuff.

Jup, did a big scan and everything seemed to be alright.

38 minutes ago, Mumintroll said:

Googling about that ssd gives plenty of bad reports about it, with file corruption and other issues.

It feels like there's always something wrong nowadays with Samsung ssd, regardless of what type it is.

must have missed that 😮 especially went to Samsung because Sandisk had that file lost thing going on with their extreme portable ssd line and I thought "in Samsung you can trust"