4070 Super Time Spy bottom 4% score

Decided to upgrade from a 2080 super to a 4070 super. While it definitely performs much better than the 2080, I can't help but think that im not getting the full value here. The gpu time spy score is bottom 4% every single time i run it, or about 3000 points lower than average (should be ~21000 graphics score). *Also note cpu is a 12700k

This isn't my first rodeo and I'm quite experienced with computers, but I also don't want to spend any more time on the piece of junk if that's what it really is.

The temps are fine, the clocks are good, hwinfo looks good, has plenty of power - 2 separate 8 pin cables from hx1200i platinum
List of what I've done that didn't help (what I can think of right now, so non exhaustive):

- Above 4g decoding + resizable bar

- Confirmed resizable bar in nvidia control panel + device manager

- with/without HDR

- with/without gsync

- all power plan modes

- disabled windows defender

- reinstall nvidia drivers

- updated all drivers

- changing resolution

- OC'd with afterburner

Also note that before installing this card, I would regularly get above average scores with my 2080 super. Also note that its a gigabyte gaming oc card. I really hate gigabyte, but it was an open box unit from best buy at a crazy good deal, but I'm not sure the previous owner ever plugged it in as the pcie contacts didn't have any scratches on them.

At this point im guessing its just a horribly binned card, so I'm just going to end up returning it unless someone has some other idea what's going on.

Screenshot 2024-04-03 224801.png

Screenshot 2024-04-03 224908.png

1 hour ago, pixelra said:

Decided to upgrade from a 2080 super to a 4070 super. While it definitely performs much better than the 2080, I can't help but think that im not getting the full value here. The gpu time spy score is bottom 4% every single time i run it, or about 3000 points lower than average (should be ~21000 graphics score). *Also note cpu is a 12700k

This isn't my first rodeo and I'm quite experienced with computers, but I also don't want to spend any more time on the piece of junk if that's what it really is.

The temps are fine, the clocks are good, hwinfo looks good, has plenty of power - 2 separate 8 pin cables from hx1200i platinum
List of what I've done that didn't help (what I can think of right now, so non exhaustive):

- Above 4g decoding + resizable bar

- Confirmed resizable bar in nvidia control panel + device manager

- with/without HDR

- with/without gsync

- all power plan modes

- disabled windows defender

- reinstall nvidia drivers

- updated all drivers

- changing resolution

- OC'd with afterburner

Also note that before installing this card, I would regularly get above average scores with my 2080 super. Also note that its a gigabyte gaming oc card. I really hate gigabyte, but it was an open box unit from best buy at a crazy good deal, but I'm not sure the previous owner ever plugged it in as the pcie contacts didn't have any scratches on them.

At this point im guessing its just a horribly binned card, so I'm just going to end up returning it unless someone has some other idea what's going on.

Screenshot 2024-04-03 224801.png

Screenshot 2024-04-03 224908.png

Does the experience in game get noticably negatively affected by the score being below average?

Does it show below average on other benchmarks?

Does in behave differently in non-synthetic loads?