AM3+ CPU cooler mounting bracket identification

Brosef33

I got this older PC in Dumpster dive. It was missing the cpu cooler but still had this neat looking mounting bracket for the CPU cooler. It’s just missing one of the thumb nuts. I was hoping someone would be able to identify so I can try to replace the missing nut. If anyone has an idea of a nut that would fit it would be helpful too   Motherboard is an crosshair V formula. 🙏🏻

IMG_9176.jpeg

IMG_9177.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Brosef33 said:

I was hoping someone would be able to identify so I can try to replace the missing nut.

I don't know what cooler this is, but there is another option to be able to get this to work if you really want to. Bring the screw that this is supposed to fit on into a hardware store, go into the "screws" section, and just start trying to thread the different bolts on until you get one that works, then buy enough of those nuts to get it to work. That would only cost maybe $1 if my local hardware store is anything to go by. It's probably going to be threaded for either M3 or M4, so check those labels first, but it might be something weird like M3.5 or 8-36

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

I don't know what cooler this is, but there is another option to be able to get this to work if you really want to. Bring the screw that this is supposed to fit on into a hardware store, go into the "screws" section, and just start trying to thread the different bolts on until you get one that works, then buy enough of those nuts to get it to work. That would only cost maybe $1 if my local hardware store is anything to go by. It's probably going to be threaded for either M3 or M4, so check those labels first, but it might be something weird like M3.5 or 8-36

Thank you! I was going to plan to do that next.