Any Decent USB-C Only Monitors?

I've got a client looking for recommendations for monitors, if any, that can be both powered AND given video data over a single USB-C port. Having not needed to search for monitors for a while now I'm honestly a bit out of the loop, as most monitors I know of can only provide power to another device over their USB-C port opposed to powering the monitor.

My client would be hooking two of these monitors onto a rolling desktop station via VESA mount and would be connected to a desktop PC. I know he would at least need an adapter to convert HDMI or DisplayPort to USB-C, or even a PCIe-based Thunderbolt 3/4 card for USB-C output with enough power for a monitor, but then the question comes back to if there are any monitors that can take power and video over USB-C.

If anybody has recommendations for decent panels that fit this criteria, please let me know.

13 minutes ago, GTechGeorge said:

if there are any monitors that can take power and video over USB-C

Yeah, they exist, mostly as portable 15" monitors.

I.E.: https://a.co/d/7INKPm9

Can't comment on how good that particular panel is, but I can confirm that this type of thing does exist. There is a lot of them, and at least some of them should be pretty good.  

The issue will be if you need larger monitors than ~15" as those I don't think they exist. A 24" panel draws about double the amount of power as the 15" counterparts (mostly due to them having double the screen area). While they can still be powered by a single USB C connector (especially Thunderbolt), it's a substantial amount more power for a product that makes the most sense when traveling and using with laptops while on battery. 

2 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Yeah, they exist, mostly as portable 15" monitors.

I.E.: https://a.co/d/7INKPm9

Can't comment on how good that particular panel is, but I can confirm that this type of thing does exist. There is a lot of them, and at least some of them should be pretty good.  

The issue will be if you need larger monitors than ~15" as those I don't think they exist. A 24" panel draws about double the amount of power as the 15" counterparts (mostly due to them having double the screen area). While they can still be powered by a single USB C connector (especially Thunderbolt), it's a substantial amount more power for a product that makes the most sense when traveling and using with laptops while on battery. 

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I recently picked up a secondhand ASUS portable monitor which I believe is either 24" or 27" and it still requires a dedicated barrel jack plug for power.