Help with HP proliant

Hello!

I have an old HP Proliant server that I got after an internship (the closest US thing I could think of) and I found an old server and they told me I could take it home. 
Now to the issue. Because it's so old I can't find documentation on how to hard reset the drive slots. Every slot is occupied but only 2 show up in BIOS and Windows 10. When I take them out they are warm so they spin but can't get past that point. What can I do?

Best regards

Zamplex

If you have a RAID card, those drives might not be part of a virtual drive.

They don't show up under Disk Management in Windows?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Just now, Needfuldoer said:

If you have a RAID card, those drives might not be part of a virtual drive.

They don't show up under Disk Management in Windows?

No idea if it has a RAID card. I tried to check raid in bios but to no avail. 

Nope, only 2 drives show up in Windows. There are 8 in total slotted (I think might be 6).

all the proliants i've dealt with have the slots piped trough a raid controller on the motherboard. depending on the age i should also note they may have disk size limits.

Just now, manikyath said:

all the proliants i've dealt with have the slots piped trough a raid controller on the motherboard. depending on the age i should also note they may have disk size limits.

Is there a way to reset the raid config through BIOS? The disks are not large. The biggest is 500Gb (give or take).  

1 minute ago, zamplex said:

Is there a way to reset the raid config through BIOS? The disks are not large. The biggest is 500Gb (give or take).  

Resetting the CMOS should do that.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

I tried to remove the CMOS battery for 2 days then I tried again but to no avail. Or are there more batteries that I forgot about?

8 minutes ago, zamplex said:

It's not in the actual BIOS setup, but most RAID cards have their own setup utility you can access before the OS boots. Watch the POST screen for a hotkey to mash that brings you to a one-time boot menu, or watch the "Option ROM" messages for a key combination you can press to invoke it.

I don't remember if that's something you can configure through iLO.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

9 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

no, it's not in cmos, becasue it's not in bios, it's a physical RAID card module that's inserted in a HP special sauce slot.

11 minutes ago, zamplex said:

i havent touched an old proliant in years, but at post there's a WHOLE BUNCH of buttons it prompts you can press at different times during the process, and one of them leads you to the raid card.

6 minutes ago, manikyath said:

no, it's not in cmos, becasue it's not in bios, it's a physical RAID card module that's inserted in a HP special sauce slot.

i havent touched an old proliant in years, but at post there's a WHOLE BUNCH of buttons it prompts you can press at different times during the process, and one of them leads you to the raid card.

I got up to a weird screen during boot. Think I found where raid should be but only 2 drives. Is there any other issue?

13 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

It's not in the actual BIOS setup, but most RAID cards have their own setup utility you can access before the OS boots. Watch the POST screen for a hotkey to mash that brings you to a one-time boot menu, or watch the "Option ROM" messages for a key combination you can press to invoke it.

I don't remember if that's something you can configure through iLO.

Can I reset the Raid card? BUt i think I found it earlier but only 2 disks showed up. 

1 minute ago, zamplex said:

I got up to a weird screen during boot. Think I found where raid should be but only 2 drives. Is there any other issue?

i mean.. it could be broken, there could be cables missing, the disks might not be plugged in all the way, .. this is kind of like asking someone on the other end of the planet where you could have left your keys.

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i mean.. it could be broken, there could be cables missing, the disks might not be plugged in all the way, .. this is kind of like asking someone on the other end of the planet where you could have left your keys.

yea good point. Just seems weird that slots 1 and 3 work but no other.