Touchscreen and 16GB???

I've been looking to purchase a new laptop as my daily driver.

My work laptop has a touchscreen and I have become quite fond of it.

While searching for a new laptop its been really difficult to find a touchscreen laptop with 16GB without spending over £1000

Most I've found are really good like the Asus Zenbook 14 but it only has 8GB and its soldiered 😞

I don't mind a 8gb as long as I can upgrade it because with windows using a minimum of 4gb and intergrated graphics stealing some too I'm only left with probably less than 2gb which isn't enough for me. 

I'm happy with a I5 8th gen or equivalent, and I'd like the graphics above 1080p (not priority)

Something I also like about the Zenbook is its slim design as its only 18mm on the thickest end.

Any help/advice on trying to find a new laptop is a great help

1 hour ago, Invalid01 said:

I've been looking to purchase a new laptop as my daily driver.

My work laptop has a touchscreen and I have become quite fond of it.

While searching for a new laptop its been really difficult to find a touchscreen laptop with 16GB without spending over £1000

Most I've found are really good like the Asus Zenbook 14 but it only has 8GB and its soldiered 😞

I don't mind a 8gb as long as I can upgrade it because with windows using a minimum of 4gb and intergrated graphics stealing some too I'm only left with probably less than 2gb which isn't enough for me. 

I'm happy with a I5 8th gen or equivalent, and I'd like the graphics above 1080p (not priority)

Something I also like about the Zenbook is its slim design as its only 18mm on the thickest end.

Any help/advice on trying to find a new laptop is a great help

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/ConfigureView?langId=-1&storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&catEntryId=3074457345620497318&urlLangId=&quantity=1

I've seen quite a few HP Envy X360 on sale around 800 to 700 euros (assuming you're in the UK they would be similar or even lower prices), i5 13th or 12th gen with 16gb and 512 gb SSD and an included pen in some of the models, I think something like that would probably do well for what you're looking for.

Keep in mind they won't be the lightest but they'll be aluminum chassis and a good value, you can also check some Acer Spin models with the same specs that can hit lower prices, not the same built quality and the included pen is barely usable but everything else is quite the same for a even lower price

If you don't even care about the Pen the Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 would be a really good option as well with probably slightly better specs than the other although only half aluminum chassis but in my experience just as well built as the HP counterpart with some better features too like fast charging and front speakers