Thermaltake V200 TG RGB Dusting Behind Front Panel (In front of the 3 Front fans)

BikemanI7

Hello There

Issue im having is having a heck of a time getting front cover loosen to access the front fans, and get the dust cleaned out of them better with my Electric Air Duster.  ((yes i know to hold the fans still while using the duster) 

Is there any tips or suggestions on getting it done properly?  already somehow only have 1 Front USB 2.0 port still working, well actually both work, but not at the same time---only one works at a time, not sure if i messed up a wire the last time i tried accessing front fans or not to clean them better.  

System Specs are

Gigabyte B460M-DS3H Rev 1.0

Intel 10700 with Arctic Freezer 7X CPU Cooler

32GB Corasir Vengenance Ram

Evga Geforce 1660 Super 

Evga 650 Watt Power supply

Sata Game SSD 1TB Drive D

NvMe 500GB Samsung Evo Plus 970 Boot Drive

and for misc video and music storage is WD Black 4TB

Sometimes you just have to yank it off. It's scary the first time because you don't necessarily know what is supposed to stay and what is supposed to come off. If you don't want to take off the front panel, then you can also try from inside the case as well.

Here is a solution I found from : https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/front-panel-removal-on-thermaltake-v200-rgb-case.3666533/

"The V200 has 4 squeeze type plastic connectors on each side of the panel. Starting at the bottom squeeze a connector and pull from the front of the case panel. Do this both sides and then move up to the next one. maintain a pull pressure on the panel.
There's not a lot of space, but you should be able to get two fingers each side.
I've seen several people just give them a really hard jerk, but you risk breaking the connectors.
Also, when you get to the top ones, be careful of the wiring. At that point the panel should be mostly off so just pull it away gently for the last part."

Seems pretty similar to the issue you are facing.

Posted (edited)

Well i'll give that a shot on next Dust clean out and hopefully i have more success,   i should've picked a case with Front fan filter and I/O ports not on top of Front Panel, but seen this one in local shop in 2020 there, and it looked nice the display model lol

so i was like i'll take this case

I suppose i should uncable manage the front panel wiring so i have a little more slack, then replace the nylon zip tie once done dusting, and panel is resecured back onto the case

Honestly someday gonna get a case with front filter--that is my future goal lol, possibly Corasir 4000D Airflow

Edited by BikemanI7

Another issue related to this same case, relates to Cooling/keeping dust out

Top Filter one of the magnetics keeps coming off of it,    Thermaltake doesn't sell replacement parts already tried contacting them lol,   where would i find a fresh replacement for the Top Filter?   and maybe Power Supply Filter as well at same time, figure might as well replace both lol at same time i suppose

It slides into like holding clips on bottom of case the Power supply filter does

Dust Cleanout tentatively scheduled for Saturday unless Real Life gets in the way again, and hopefully i can get the Front fans better, Rear Exhaust, CPU Fan, Video Card Fans,  at least i hope lol