HMAA2GU6AJR8N-XN compatibility with HMAA2GU6CJR8N-XN

Go to solution Solved by Somerandomtechyboi,
19 hours ago, isaranghi said:

Thanks... no I am not looking to tune or overclock... I am planning to just use as is...

yep youll be good to go

just buy that stick and enjoy your 32gb of ram

Hello,

I have a Dell G5 Desktop PC that came with "SK Hynix HMAA2GU6AJR8N-XN" 16gb ddr4. I am looking to add another 16GB. I am able to find similar RAM but the Manufacturer Part# is different. Although brands are same... Will they work fine together? I am attaching the links to the rams.

HMAA2GU6AJR8N-XN Hynix Desktop Memory (memory4less.com) -> This is what I have

HMAA2GU6CJR8N-XN Hynix Desktop Memory (memory4less.com) -> This is what I am looking to buy

Thanks.

basically you are combining 16gbit ajr and 16gbit cjr

since these are just diff ic revisions and we are only looking at jedec speeds you should be completely fine

though you might have abit more luck finding the exact same part number from someone selling lots of used oem rams, think facebook marketplace usually has lots of ppl selling a buncha used oem rams atleast in my country (indo)

22 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

basically you are combining 16gbit ajr and 16gbit cjr

since these are just diff ic revisions and we are only looking at jedec speeds you should be completely fine

though you might have abit more luck finding the exact same part number from someone selling lots of used oem rams, think facebook marketplace usually has lots of ppl selling a buncha used oem rams atleast in my country (indo)

Thanks for your reply... Yea I tried to find the exact same part # but I couldn't find it in reasonable price... on ebay someone is selling the CJR part number that I am looking to buy if it is compatible with my existing AJR ram.

3 hours ago, isaranghi said:

Thanks for your reply... Yea I tried to find the exact same part # but I couldn't find it in reasonable price... on ebay someone is selling the CJR part number that I am looking to buy if it is compatible with my existing AJR ram.

in that case just buy the cjr and be done with it since this is jedec ram and i assume you wont be doing any tuning?

even if you do youll probably be limited by your current ajr stick cause iirc at some point i stumbled across some chinese review site that overclocked some green pcb 16gbit cjr to 4800 but cant find it anymore and afaik ajr tops out around the 4000 mark

On 3/22/2024 at 3:31 PM, Somerandomtechyboi said:

in that case just buy the cjr and be done with it since this is jedec ram and i assume you wont be doing any tuning?

even if you do youll probably be limited by your current ajr stick cause iirc at some point i stumbled across some chinese review site that overclocked some green pcb 16gbit cjr to 4800 but cant find it anymore and afaik ajr tops out around the 4000 mark

Thanks... no I am not looking to tune or overclock... I am planning to just use as is...

19 hours ago, isaranghi said:

yep youll be good to go

just buy that stick and enjoy your 32gb of ram