cpu i9 13900kf wont post and it is not giving any video output no debug lights

SPECS

Motherboard: i7 gygabyte z690 auros ultra and i9 non working asus z790 plus wifi

Cpu:Intel core i9 13900kf known perviously working then had to do multiple restarts to get it to turn on from a restart or even cold start on another motherboard

Ram: known working in another system tested one slot so far

Gpu:gtx 1050ti known working in another system same cable same monitor same hdmi slot on both monitor and gpu

Power supply:Corsair RM1000e known working in another system

so i orginally built a system and it worked great but then out of nowhere the system would not start when restarting it would start from cold after waiting a few minutes and then it would start but then that didnt work only thing to get it to start was the fact i would constantly hit the power button on my case that for some reason got it to start at times after like 50 tries or so idk i stopped counting then i bought a new motherboard and new cpu (I7 12700) for the old board (gygabite z690 aorus ultra) the new cpu has worked flawlessly im 99%sure its the cpu but the issue is with the gigabyte board it would throw a vga light on the debug with the i9 but now the asus z790 plus wifi board it isnt throwing any of those and in both cases with the i9 no video out on known working gpu cords and display also the peripherals dont show up at all no lights nothing and ive reseated everything multiple times

5 hours ago, Lifestough said:

SPECS

Motherboard: i7 gygabyte z690 auros ultra and i9 non working asus z790 plus wifi

Cpu:Intel core i9 13900ks known perviously working then had to do multiple restarts to get it to turn on from a restart or even cold start on another motherboard

Ram: known working in another system tested one slot so far

Gpu:gtx 1050ti known working in another system same cable same monitor same hdmi slot on both monitor and gpu

Power supply:Corsair RM1000e known working in another system

so i orginally built a system and it worked great but then out of nowhere the system would not start when restarting it would start from cold after waiting a few minutes and then it would start but then that didnt work only thing to get it to start was the fact i would constantly hit the power button on my case that for some reason got it to start at times after like 50 tries or so idk i stopped counting then i bought a new motherboard and new cpu (I7 12700) for the old board (gygabite z690 aorus ultra) the new cpu has worked flawlessly im 99%sure its the cpu but the issue is with the gigabyte board it would throw a vga light on the debug with the i9 but now the asus z790 plus wifi board it isnt throwing any of those and in both cases with the i9 no video out on known working gpu cords and display also the peripherals dont show up at all no lights nothing and ive reseated everything multiple times

it's not a F scew so it should have IGPU.. remove the GPU and plug monitor cable in the mainboard and try again. 

8 hours ago, Robchil said:

it's not a F scew so it should have IGPU.. remove the GPU and plug monitor cable in the mainboard and try again. 

my fault sorry i listed it wrong its a kf i was looking at the wrong one on pc part picker ooops my bad sorry but i tried that in case it randomly worked lol but even with a gpu out of the motherboard no vga light and when i start i get a quick light for cpu red and a light for ram then they go away and it just sits there

6 minutes ago, Lifestough said:

my fault sorry i listed it wrong its a kf i was looking at the wrong one on pc part picker ooops my bad sorry

that 20$ difference is the reason i always recommend non F cpu's.. nice to have for troubleshooting.. 

tried the GPU in the second pcie port? or does it only have 1? 

does the new board work with the 12700 cpu?  that one should have igpu and able to boot with monitor connected to the board. 

you have the luxury of mixing things around and see what's working.. just NEVER swap internal PSU cable between PSU's. 

you can use your 12700 to update both bios's etc.. 

11 minutes ago, Robchil said:

that 20$ difference is the reason i always recommend non F cpu's.. nice to have for troubleshooting.. 

tried the GPU in the second pcie port? or does it only have 1? 

does the new board work with the 12700 cpu?  that one should have igpu and able to boot with monitor connected to the board. 

you have the luxury of mixing things around and see what's working.. just NEVER swap internal PSU cable between PSU's. 

you can use your 12700 to update both bios's etc.. 

trieed second slot and nothing i have a new 13th gen i5 coming today to test if its 13th gen and or the gpu for some odd reason with the cpu

i will test with the 12700 today i got more thermal paste and a thermal pad coming today

yeah i bought a awhole new psu for this purpose i had a extra one but without the second 12v cpu the new board needs 2 cpu connections and i couldnt find my other cable for my already power supply and i  didnt want to mix anything by buying stuff and shorting stuff

yeah i do have that luxury mainly cause i bought the extra due to the cpu not working

15 minutes ago, Lifestough said:

trieed second slot and nothing i have a new 13th gen i5 coming today to test if its 13th gen and or the gpu for some odd reason with the cpu

i will test with the 12700 today i got more thermal paste and a thermal pad coming today

yeah i bought a awhole new psu for this purpose i had a extra one but without the second 12v cpu the new board needs 2 cpu connections and i couldnt find my other cable for my already power supply and i  didnt want to mix anything by buying stuff and shorting stuff

yeah i do have that luxury mainly cause i bought the extra due to the cpu not working

the Z boards are the "highend" chipset.. not all need 2 EPS cables, and should work to boot with 1 in the one to the right. 

and most 1000w psu's usually have 2 EPS cables. some 850's too. but you should be able to read that in the descriptions when you buy it. 

13 minutes ago, Robchil said:

the Z boards are the "highend" chipset.. not all need 2 EPS cables, and should work to boot with 1 in the one to the right. 

and most 1000w psu's usually have 2 EPS cables. some 850's too. but you should be able to read that in the descriptions when you buy it. 

ah thanks for the information but with the motherboard for the asus it says to have both as far as i can tell why i did it unless im misunderstanding them

the asus supports the 13th gen i9 out the box no bios update needed

2 hours ago, Lifestough said:

the asus supports the 13th gen i9 out the box no bios update needed

so does the gigabyte board. it's to test if i9 works, and test the i7 on the asus board to check if it's giving picture on the igpu without a GPU installed. 

since you already have 2 sets of everything you have the possibility to find the culprit now or verify it's the board and not the 13900kf.. then RMA whatever is not working. 

so after many attempts of just restarting constantly it works i just constantly restart it till it works

rn_image_picker_lib_temp_ed755602-ef39-463b-b51e-379c60aee999.jpg

20240320_194553.jpg

20240320_194600.jpg

restarting it or turning it off will reproduce the problem so idk what it is it works as you can see

update hitting the reset/power switch a bunch seems to get it to boot after like 20 attempts

12 hours ago, Lifestough said:

update hitting the reset/power switch a bunch seems to get it to boot after like 20 attempts

try setting your cpu voltage to the intel recommended 253w or what it is.. 

you'd find that under advanced. 

11 hours ago, Robchil said:

try setting your cpu voltage to the intel recommended 253w or what it is.. 

you'd find that under advanced. 

whenever i can get into the bios i will definitely try this

so i can get it to boot just takes multiple restarts seems to be getting stuck after memory stuff gets loaded or something since cpu light flicks then ram then cpu then ram really quick then ram gets hung alittle then it doesnt do anything and the fans shut off for gpu but cpu still spins this is on the asus board it happens same on gygabite so it has to be the cpu ive tested every other part so far switching them rebooting till it boots then doing it again and again testing different parts so weird it just died like that while rebooting or died at random cpus are hard to kill this one just seems to be a dxe issue at random i can tell at least

ps is there a way to possibly see what is happening when a reboot happens or when the pc starts up? like windows event viewer or a program i can install?

5 hours ago, Lifestough said:

so i can get it to boot just takes multiple restarts seems to be getting stuck after memory stuff gets loaded or something since cpu light flicks then ram then cpu then ram really quick then ram gets hung alittle then it doesnt do anything and the fans shut off for gpu but cpu still spins this is on the asus board it happens same on gygabite so it has to be the cpu ive tested every other part so far switching them rebooting till it boots then doing it again and again testing different parts so weird it just died like that while rebooting or died at random cpus are hard to kill this one just seems to be a dxe issue at random i can tell at least

ps is there a way to possibly see what is happening when a reboot happens or when the pc starts up? like windows event viewer or a program i can install?

when your cpu and memory flickers forth and back it's most likely memory training, if you have ddr5 that can take long time.. on some system hours.. on others 20-30 minutes. it will not stop doing that until the process is through.. then it will remember that usually until next time you change memory or cpu settings.  or update bios or reset it. if you use only 1 ram stick it should be quicker tho, since it's not doing dualchannel training. 

it used to be hitting esc on old systems to see what happens, and you'd see the memory counting. and you used to be able to disable the splash screen in bios, i havn't seen that possibility for years tho. 

14 hours ago, Robchil said:

when your cpu and memory flickers forth and back it's most likely memory training, if you have ddr5 that can take long time.. on some system hours.. on others 20-30 minutes. it will not stop doing that until the process is through.. then it will remember that usually until next time you change memory or cpu settings.  or update bios or reset it. if you use only 1 ram stick it should be quicker tho, since it's not doing dualchannel training. 

it used to be hitting esc on old systems to see what happens, and you'd see the memory counting. and you used to be able to disable the splash screen in bios, i havn't seen that possibility for years tho. 

gotcha and it seems to be getting through memory stuff but i dontt know what is going on wish  i could see what was happening like as its happening