CPU temps with watercooler

Go to solution Solved by JDB,
On 3/20/2024 at 12:08 PM, Blasty Blosty said:

Remove the old paste with a cloth (microfiber or cloth, not paper as it can leave residue), and add another layer. A pea sized amount will do.

I've noticed that I installed it incorrectly. I used the AIO on the front of the case instead of the top, so it should be intake, not exhaust as it was before. I'm testing to see if the temps go down.

UPDATE: way better!

Captura de tela 2024-03-23 204236.png

Hey guys! Recently, I had to change the orientation of my water cooler and didn't reapply the thermal paste. Is it okay to not reapply it? Also, while playing Baldur's Gate 3, when I walked into the city, my temperatures hit 80 degrees Celsius (176F), but after some time they dropped to 67 degrees (156,6F), and stayed there. Should i be worried? I play on 1440p ultrawide 144Hz monitor

Setup:
GPU: 4070
CPU: Ryzen 5600
RAM: 32GB
Watecooler: CoolerMaster ML240L V2

Capturadetela2024-03-20001204.png.a648f4022ae9a868362672746cfb156b.png

Those temps are nothing to worry about. I mean, they are a little higher than you would expect for a 5600 on a 240mm aio, but they aren't dangerous in any way.

4 hours ago, JDB said:

Is it okay to not reapply it?

Always reapply the thermal paste, I assume you mean you left the old paste on? When you lift it up it will create air pockets that can harm cooling potential

Apprentice Software Developer

7 hours ago, Blasty Blosty said:

Always reapply the thermal paste, I assume you mean you left the old paste on? When you lift it up it will create air pockets that can harm cooling potential

So do i need to remove the old one and apply another layer? Or can i just put some more?
Also i live in Brazil and it's been very hot these days(sunday hit 104F) and my case is an NZXT h510

34 minutes ago, JDB said:

So do i need to remove the old one and apply another layer? Or can i just put some more?
Also i live in Brazil and it's been very hot these days(sunday hit 104F) and my case is an NZXT h510

Remove the old paste with a cloth (microfiber or cloth, not paper as it can leave residue), and add another layer. A pea sized amount will do.

Apprentice Software Developer

On 3/20/2024 at 12:08 PM, Blasty Blosty said:

I've noticed that I installed it incorrectly. I used the AIO on the front of the case instead of the top, so it should be intake, not exhaust as it was before. I'm testing to see if the temps go down.

UPDATE: way better!

Captura de tela 2024-03-23 204236.png