Friend got some free laptops

My friend was doing some junk removal, and the person who lived there died. The family told the junk removal guys to take what they wanted, they didn't care. My friend isnt the greatest with tech, but he snagged these 3 laptops.

I'm gonna wipe the drives and reinstall windows, but I'm yet to buy a barrel jack that works in the older hp.

photos for refrence

image000001.jpg

image000000.jpg

image000001 (1).jpg

image000000 (2).jpg

image000000 (1).jpg

Btw this was a two-day job and he was there rn, and he just messaged me saying theres a literal shelf of motherboards.

That Latitude 2110 is going to be a dog with anything relatively modern. (It's a first gen Atom system.) Throw an SSD in it and use it as an XP machine.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

The two small laptops are pretty ewaste-y, both Intel Atom systems. I wouldn't bother even buying the charger for the HP. Odds are it takes the "small yellow tip" HP charger used from ~2005-2009. 

The Iris XE one is cheap and plasticky but might have resale value

9 minutes ago, BADESTPIE1 said:

Btw this was a two-day job and he was there rn, and he just messaged me saying theres a literal shelf of motherboards.

a tech hoarder?

some boards can be very valueable depending on age and rarity or their capabilities

The iris xe equipped one stands out as just being modern, I’d look into getting that working because just about anything that new is worth a little bit of money.

Keep an eye on motherboards. Some motherboards are worth an obscene amount of money.

A shelf of optiplex oem boards isn’t anything special, but all it takes is one SR-2 hiding in a corner and it’s money time.

On 3/19/2024 at 4:52 PM, Needfuldoer said:

That Latitude 2110 is going to be a dog with anything relatively modern. (It's a first gen Atom system.) Throw an SSD in it and use it as an XP machine.

he said he wanted to see if I could get one of the atom systems working to run an old windows version like xp, seems like a good use case since win7 probably didnt run the greatest on these when they where new 

On 3/19/2024 at 5:18 PM, 8tg said:

The iris xe equipped one stands out as just being modern, I’d look into getting that working because just about anything that new is worth a little bit of money.

Keep an eye on motherboards. Some motherboards are worth an obscene amount of money.

A shelf of optiplex oem boards isn’t anything special, but all it takes is one SR-2 hiding in a corner and it’s money time.

He didn't want to resell the Iris laptop mainly because one of our friends is stuck with an Acer laptop with vega 3 integrated graphics and after some bench marks this is lightyears ahead