Using a phone as a webcam

Go to solution Solved by Agall,
8 minutes ago, LoganBlocks3 said:

Hello! I was wondering if it would be possible to record videos or stream on my pc, but using my phone as a webcam. i have an iphone 12, and it is a much better quality camera than my webcam, so can i use it in obs, and can i see a preview of the video on my computer screen? thanks

Apparently this works to fulfill that function, though I haven't tried it.

Camo - Great video made easy (reincubate.com)

Otherwise, its a built in feature for macOS now with an iPhone. Doing it on Windows is more complicated, involving some sort of 3rd party application like this Camo app. 

Hello! I was wondering if it would be possible to record videos or stream on my pc, but using my phone as a webcam. i have an iphone 12, and it is a much better quality camera than my webcam, so can i use it in obs, and can i see a preview of the video on my computer screen? thanks

Hello

System:

ryzen 3 3300x

gigabyte eagle rx6600

corsair rm750

32gb ddr4 ram

1tb ssd

monitors:

Sceptre c345b-qut168 (1440x3440p 165 hz) (main) (34" curved ultrawide)

165hz 1080p lcpower 27" curved

75hz 27" 1080p curved sceptre

8 minutes ago, LoganBlocks3 said:

Apparently this works to fulfill that function, though I haven't tried it.

Camo - Great video made easy (reincubate.com)

Otherwise, its a built in feature for macOS now with an iPhone. Doing it on Windows is more complicated, involving some sort of 3rd party application like this Camo app. 

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

there's douzens of apps that let you forward your phone's camera to a computer like a webcam. all of them suck in different ways, look around and give a few of them a go.

4 hours ago, LoganBlocks3 said:

Ltt also made a video on it here it ishttps://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjKwI-jxYGFAxVRjYkEHXJxB9IQtwJ6BAglEAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DL6ZJaKqALgM&usg=AOvVaw3mjpWDwryf0iHK9aICLGLs&opi=89978449