Windows 11 Key

GeekTech25

I am looking for an OS key for my new gaming PC. I would prefer Windows 11, but I'm looking for an affordable key. Any recommendations?

I don't know any of the websites, but you can download Windows installer straight from Microsoft, the only thing is that the windows won't be full, it's going to have watermark at the bottom right and some features will be disabled but that's about it.

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

1 hour ago, podkall said:

I don't know any of the websites, but you can download Windows installer straight from Microsoft, the only thing is that the windows won't be full, it's going to have watermark at the bottom right and some features will be disabled but that's about it.

If I want to get the full version of Windows how would I do that?

1 hour ago, GeekTech25 said:

I am looking for an OS key for my new gaming PC. I would prefer Windows 11, but I'm looking for an affordable key. Any recommendations?

"Affordable keys" are only from grey market sources. You can never know if its going to be a good key or not. The only legit place to get keys is from Microsoft or an authorized seller. But as stated above you can run Windows unactivated.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

10 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

"Affordable keys" are only from grey market sources. You can never know if its going to be a good key or not. The only legit place to get keys is from Microsoft or an authorized seller. But as stated above you can run Windows unactivated.

Resellers exist, and what I CAN tell you is to use TrustPilot scores as an indicator, and if a site looks sketchy: Do NOT put ANY information into it. Always look for a "Microsoft partner" link that leads back to MICROSOFT before purchasing a Microsoft product. 

8 minutes ago, GeekTech25 said:

If I want to get the full version of Windows how would I do that?

the only downside to keys,

is that there's unknown "uses" left, so you should assume that once you use the key, if you ever find yourself re-installing windows again in a way that would require a key again, you'd have to buy another one if the key was one use only,

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

41 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Always look for a "Microsoft partner" link that leads back to MICROSOFT before purchasing a Microsoft product. 

The only caveat here is assuming it's legit in the first place. If they illegally placed it there, well it's not really valid, is it?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

17 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

The only caveat here is assuming it's legit in the first place. If they illegally placed it there, well it's not really valid, is it?

Oh absolutely. The certified Microsoft partner at least gives you a chance that it's totally legit. Having a +1 on your roll is better than no +1.

*All risk is assumed*

1 minute ago, BiotechBen said:

Oh absolutely. The certified Microsoft partner at least gives you a chance that it's totally legit. Having a +1 on your roll is better than no +1.

*All risk is assumed*

Or you buy from Microsoft and know its legit.

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

Or you buy from Microsoft and know its legit.

"If you're gonna commit a crime, don't do it in front of a cop" 

Absolutely suggest buying from Microsoft directly if you don't want to chance a key being real. 

I'll add my voice to the chorus saying that the only way to get a legit key is through Microsoft, or an official reseller.

The cheap keys you might find anywhere else are likely going to be grey market at best, if they're legit at all... and if they work to begin work, could stop working at any time, at which pont you'd be SOL.

Razer Blade 14 (RZ09-0508x): AMD Ryzen 9 8945HS, nVidia GeForce RTX 4070, 64 GB 5200 DDR5, Win11 Pro [Workhorse/Gaming]

Apple MacBook Pro 14 (A2442): Apple M1 Pro APU (8 Core), 16 GB Unified Memory, macOS Sonoma 14.3 [Creative Rig]

Samsung GalaxyBook Pro (NP930QDB-KF4CA): Intel Core i7-1165G7, 16 GB DDR4, Win11 Pro [WinTablet]

HP Envy 15-k257ca: Intel Core i5 5200U, nVidia GeForce 840M, 16GB 1600 DDR3, Win7 Pro [Retro]

Toshiba Satellite A70-S2591:  Intel Pentium 4 538, ATI Radeon 9000 IGP, 1.5 GB DDR RAM, WinXP Pro [Antique]

1 hour ago, raman008 said:

If you are a student or an faculty member in the education institution then you can get discount on Windows key through academic license.  

To add on to this, way back in the day, too many years to count, when I was in community college. I got Windows XP Pro 32bit and 64 bit for $28.