RX 6700XT Lagging hard, stuttering and black screens

I have just built new pc and it is laggy while doing anything. Cursor skips from place to place while moving. Even bios is laggy. In bios it is set to external graphics.

Cpu: ryzen 5 5600x

Gpu: rx 6700 xt

Motherboard: Aorus B550M pro

Ram: Kingston Fury Beast, 32 GB, 4200MHz, CL36

Drive: SSD Kingston 2TB M.2 PCI-E x4 Gen4 NVMe

Case: H1 nzxt

PSU: 750W gold 80plus Lian Li

Please help

I've tried to reinstall the drivers via DDu multiple times.

I had similar issues on my old pc when I built it. In My case it was the sata port on my mobo and changing the port I used fixed everything. Luckily since it's in the bios that simplifies things. It's either your mouse (depending on the way it's laggy), cpu, gpu, or maybe ram. I'd suggest firstly reseating the GPU aka take it out and put it back in being careful and observant that it is correctly in. If it still has issues try plugging the gpu into a different slot. 

Edit it could also be the cable plugging into the monitor

Thanks for the reply, I'll try ressettling the gpu in place, ram and cpu are working just fine, tried a bunch of tests on those and furmark was the only one far behind (1796 pts vs 10k points for normal 6700xt)

4 hours ago, mockedarche said:

I had similar issues on my old pc when I built it. In My case it was the sata port on my mobo and changing the port I used fixed everything. Luckily since it's in the bios that simplifies things. It's either your mouse (depending on the way it's laggy), cpu, gpu, or maybe ram. I'd suggest firstly reseating the GPU aka take it out and put it back in being careful and observant that it is correctly in. If it still has issues try plugging the gpu into a different slot. 

Edit it could also be the cable plugging into the monitor

<soo I plugged back the gpu nothing changed, my ssd is in and nvme port so no sata involved. Also it's an ITX Mobo so no different slote for the gpu. I'm really clueless, did a Bios update etc

16 hours ago, Noe said:

<soo I plugged back the gpu nothing changed, my ssd is in and nvme port so no sata involved. Also it's an ITX Mobo so no different slote for the gpu. I'm really clueless, did a Bios update etc

Did you check the connection to the monitor? I'd suggest trying a different screen, if even that doesn't help then slowly try removing everything from the pc with a restart in-between until you have just the keyboard and mouse plugged in. Goal is to isolate the issue sadly only one pcie slot means its not easy to determine if this is gpu or slot but lets try and make sure it's nothing else.

Did you try to enable XMP? Try with default memory settings. What's the part number of the memory kit? Certainly you don't have a 4200MHz CL36 DDR4 memory, cause that doesn't exist.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

3 hours ago, mockedarche said:

Did you check the connection to the monitor? I'd suggest trying a different screen, if even that doesn't help then slowly try removing everything from the pc with a restart in-between until you have just the keyboard and mouse plugged in. Goal is to isolate the issue sadly only one pcie slot means its not easy to determine if this is gpu or slot but lets try and make sure it's nothing else.

Tried it, nothing worked, only removing the gigabyte softwares helped a bit (ironicaly)

2 hours ago, QuantumSingularity said:

Did you try to enable XMP? Try with default memory settings. What's the part number of the memory kit? Certainly you don't have a 4200MHz CL36 DDR4 memory, cause that doesn't exist.

My ram sticks are Kingston fury https://www.kingston.com/fr/memory/gaming/kingston-fury-renegade-ddr4-memory and yes I have tried with and without xmp enabled, sadly not the issue (tried removing one stick and the other, tried both slots not the issue :/) Thanks a lot for your comment !

UPDATE:

FOUND my issue, it was my Mobo forcing gen 4 pci when it couldn't handle it ! Forcing gen 3 in BIOS fixed everything Thanks to you all !

Well that's probably a BIOS bug, because that B550 mobo with Ryzen 5000 should have no trouble with PCIe gen4.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

4 minutes ago, QuantumSingularity said:

Well that's probably a BIOS bug, because that B550 mobo with Ryzen 5000 should have no trouble with PCIe gen4.

COuld be but atm I just happy that nothing is broken or W/e and I found a solution, overwhelming happiness

10 hours ago, Noe said:

UPDATE:

FOUND my issue, it was my Mobo forcing gen 4 pci when it couldn't handle it ! Forcing gen 3 in BIOS fixed everything Thanks to you all !

That's a new one for sure I;ve heard of stuff not booting when its set to x instead of y or no video out but never lagging or stutters. Happy it's fixed regardless enjoy your PC!