Doom 3 BFG Edition won't launch

Meowth LVL255

It works perfectly fine on my desktop, but I downloaded it on my laptop and when I hit the green launch button in Steam, it launches, shows me a blue "Stop" button, and then goes back to the green launch button and does nothing. If I use the exe icon in the game files, it does nothing until I run the compatibility tab to change settings. If I use the troubleshooter test, it gives me a different error which I'll add in a screenshot. I have tried the launch options in Steam adding the fullscreen code and changing it to my resolution, but it won't work no matter what I do. 

EDIT: I just tried unpluging the 4KTV (set to 1080p because the laptop is a butt) from my laptop and it launched in windowed mode. I also just plugged the TV back in and shut the lid and the game froze and won't take inputs at all. If I shut it down and try relaunching it, the first problem continues.

cghmgchm.png

So I got it to run by opening my laptop screen, but I can't get it to run on the TV no matter what I do. I've set both resolutions to 1080p and put the TV on extended. The game only recognizes that there's only 1 screen and will not give me options to move to another monitor. If I close the laptop lid, the game just dies. I would also like to know what "disable" means and why it's even there.

image.png

I had a similar situation recently World of Warcraft and it turns out the fix was to change the setting for DirectX from DX12 back to DX11.  Once I did that, everything went back to cherry pie.  Maybe you are having the same sort of issue.  Check the settings for DX and see if that works.

Take care and good luck.

1 hour ago, kb5zue said:

I had a similar situation recently World of Warcraft and it turns out the fix was to change the setting for DirectX from DX12 back to DX11.  Once I did that, everything went back to cherry pie.  Maybe you are having the same sort of issue.  Check the settings for DX and see if that works.

Take care and good luck.

Unfortunately, doom 3 has barely any settings. I understand that it was originally for the original Xbox and all, but it doesn't even have an option to change fullscreen. I appreciate your

The effort for your suggestion anyways. Thank you.