Tablet Recommendations

I'm not sure how much traction this can collect over the coming day but i would really appreciate it if I can get some recommendations for my first tablet purchase. For extra info, I'm a student so this tablet is mainly for E-books and document reading, as well as video entertainment without earphones. Gaming on it would be minimal but still existent. 

I would really like it if it has at least 128gb of storage and as close to modern without going bonkers over budget, thus nothing like Ipads or the samsung tablet line-ups.

My initial thoughts were things like the XiaoMi Pad 6 (or whatever latest it was), or the Huawei tablets so something around that price point. This is the SEA market so I expect that it might be different or difficult but any consideration really helps. 

Peripherals like keyboard and pen input are optional but interested. 

Why not Windows tablet? Androids are hot trash IMO when you reach a certain level of cash.

The Xiaomi Pad 6 is an excellent tablet for the money. Another good alternative would be the OnePlus tablet. You can also consider the latest Galaxy Tab Fe. You can't go wrong with any of these, especially the first two, so I'd just get whichever is cheaper. 

Oneplus is what I'd vouch for if I had no idea what the thing was about, just by going brand name alone...

but that could be VERY misleading as they did make some not so great smart watches, or even, phones.

There are other Chinese brands. Chiwu is one of them, they use OLEDs.

2 hours ago, Motifator said:

Why not Windows tablet? Androids are hot trash IMO when you reach a certain level of cash.

I didn't even consider that, but mostly in my mind, I always thought of things like windows tablet to be pricey and not so great performance wise. And seeing as I don't understand what advantages they might have over a typical tablet. 

Would you care to point out some of their advantages over tablets?

1 hour ago, IAmAndre said:

The Xiaomi Pad 6 is an excellent tablet for the money. Another good alternative would be the OnePlus tablet. You can also consider the latest Galaxy Tab Fe. You can't go wrong with any of these, especially the first two, so I'd just get whichever is cheaper. 

I was also thinking of these two tablets, but I can't really get my feet around which of the two to choose. The only thing I can go off on is that I myself am using a xiaomi phone. But one plus tablet seems to have garnered a lot of positive reviews everywhere. Plus they both have really good performance, better than the tab FE?

Android has some pitiful limitations and the common mis-consideration about tablets being useless some how, at least to some.

A Windows tablet is limitless. You can do whatever you want to do with it.

Car diag tool? Check. A sheet music tool? Check. Personal PC? Sure. Windows tablets are the jack of all trades except two. Performance and keyboard sizing. You can get a glorious OLED display with a lot of Windows tablet models. Now what you have to consider is the sheer amount of initial price...

because a good tablet is way more expensive than a good Ultrabook or 15.6 inch laptop.

1 hour ago, SandwichMake said:

I was also thinking of these two tablets, but I can't really get my feet around which of the two to choose. The only thing I can go off on is that I myself am using a xiaomi phone. But one plus tablet seems to have garnered a lot of positive reviews everywhere. Plus they both have really good performance, better than the tab FE?

The Galaxy probably performs a bit worse but I would still consider it a solid tablet. The OnePlus Pad is also larger. I would recommend watching/reading reviews of each tablet and see which one you prefer, and also check the prices in your region. It doesn't really make sense to pay a lot more for any of these tablets imo.

You would be correct, a lot of the modern Android tablets are hot trash.

Windows seems like a better go-to, but the prices are off the moon for the ones with AMOLED / OLED whatever.

Might be too low end, but I did take a gamble on a no-name cheap Android tablet and it wasn't total garbage. It did feel like they did take a budget phone chipset and slap it in a tablet form factor. Ok for general/light usage, like video, lighter gaming. Will struggle with 3D games. If at all interesting, I wouldn't aim for this specific model but I'm sure there are countless similar ones to it.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

22 hours ago, SandwichMake said:

...this tablet is mainly for E-books and document reading, as well as video entertainment without earphones. Gaming on it would be minimal but still existent...

Friendly reminder to not allow your topic to be hijacked by other people's opinion on what is good for their needs/wants in a tablet and not that of yours which you have clearly stated.

I am seeing sweeping statements being made on an entire product segment without any explanation, suggesting that not one of the many models within said segment is suitable for your use case.

Which sounds incredible if you ask me. I do not think it wise to spend a lot more than what you originally intended, in order to get things you never asked for.