Black Screens when using Pr and Ae

Hi! I hope you guys are doing fine.

This is my first post here on reddit, and I have a question regarding why my monitor turns black and freezes suddenly when I am using Premiere pro or After effects. I can say that I do some intermediate stuff in Premiere pro and After Effects. I also have some plugins when using these applications. I already tried/did these things below:

-added more ram from 16gb to 32gb

-replaced the stock cpu fans with a thermalright dual tower

-reseated the gpu (1660 super)

I used DDU a couple of times already and made sure that I was using the 1660 super and not the integrated graphics( AMD ryzen 5 5600g)

-replaced the psu from msi550 to corsair cx750

took everything apart except the ram and cpu.

-used DDU one more time and replaced the driver from game-ready to studio-ready.

I tried benchmarking it using UniEngine heaven and ran it to extremes. screen didn't turn black or freeze.

I am now lost or don't know what to ask google anymore since I almost tried everything a simple gamer could do. I also tried re-installing windows 10 at one point just to clear some stuff up. Can someone enlighten me as to why this is happening?

pc specs:

cpu: Ryzen 5 5600g (1 year and 4 months already repasted)

mobo: msi B550M pro-vdh wifi am4

gpu: gtx 1660 super (7 months ago, bought it from a local shop, not sure if it was new because the cover seal is already open when i took a look at it and the seller said it was good as new and had new thermal pads and paste; it was running fine for the past 5 months, then the remaining 2 started experiencing the black screen and freezes.)

PS: Corsair cx750

ram: Kingston fury 3200mhz 4sticks 32gb 8each

Is storage important? 1 kingston nvme 256 GB (half full), 1ssd kingston 500gb as well and 1 hdd 2 TBWD green

8 fans

and a secure ups 650va automatic

Any other stuff I do is fine, like playing heavy-intensive games like RDR2, GTA V, and Dark Souls, and some fps games and RPGs are also fine. Premiere pro and After Effects are the main culprits. They're pirated though, but it didn't happen before just recently, 2 months ago, i think, when I started doing more graphic-intensive stuff in Pr and Ae. please help. Thankyou!

info.PNG

Does your PC shut down when your monitor turns black, or does it keep running? Do you still get audio output after the screen turns black? Have you tried running DDU and installing a slightly older GPU driver?

What you're describing sounds like either a driver crash or a software problem, in this case specific to your Adobe programs. The legitimacy of your Adobe software may or may not be to blame here. Are you able to try a different software version?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Thanks for replying! Nope, 99%  of the time it doesn't shut down, it just loses its display output and freezes. As for the sound, when I use my headphones, the sound doesn't go away, but still freezes and turns the screen black. But when I use my speakers (which are connected to the monitor with a display port), when the screen shuts down, so does the sound. Now that you've mentioned it, there was a time when a certain driver update had no issues with it. I'll try that right now, The only problem that i have is that I don't know what driver update to pick in order to check if its okay or not. Does this mean that i have to do it one by one? 

As for the Adobe programs, I am not sure as well. and i haven't tried the other platforms thats currently available. Maybe I should just stick to uninstalling the graphic drivers first, and if that doesn't work, I'll check to see if its the program's fault.

@Crunchy Dragon hi! Hey, so it still keeps happening, same issues: black screen, applications freeze, and the gpu fans stop, then run back up again. This time I had more trouble shooting. Now its on the ups, tried taking them down one by one (from the two monitors plugged in and the PC to the one monitor and PC to just the PC itself, and with no ups, direct power from the plug), and it still happens. So now I think it might be the GPU. though the temperature of the GPU is not high. its running around 50 to 60, depending on what I do. The maximum it got was 70, which i think is still normal, right? So maybe its the software? I thought software updates would make the PC better or fix the problem. I am hoping for your reply, @Crunchy Dragon please help!