My Game crashes after upgrading to a new gpu!

Hello i need help! my computer is a prebuilt msi nightblade mi3, With a I5-8400, 16 gb DDR4, 350 watt psu, and i have just changed gpu to a 3050 8gb from 1060 3gb, 

My games keeps crashing. I have tried Assasins creed valhalla it crashes on high settings but works well on medium. I have tried assasins creed odyssey it works well on high settings but not on very high, and i have tried warzone and its crashing when shaders are at like 50%, i have also tried overwatch 2 wont crash, also tried fortnite it also wont crash!

I know the suggested PSU for 3050 are 550 watt, but my prebuilt is very small and i dont have many opitions, i am not very good at computers as well, my budget is very limited. Does it crash because of bad PSU or that my cpu is bottleneck, Cpu is at 100% when i play does Games! Thanks for help! 

One way to test if it is the PSU is to run MSI Afterburner or similar and reduce the power limit of the 3050. If it no longer crashes then it is probably the PSU being too weak.

The 3050 8GB is only nominally 10W more than 1060 3GB, although factory overclocked models might take more. However 30 series, especially early on, were noted to take a higher peak power compared to the average power, and that might also upset weaker PSUs.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

7 minutes ago, porina said:

One way to test if it is the PSU is to run MSI Afterburner or similar and reduce the power limit of the 3050. If it no longer crashes then it is probably the PSU being too weak.

The 3050 8GB is only nominally 10W more than 1060 3GB, although factory overclocked models might take more. However 30 series, especially early on, were noted to take a higher peak power compared to the average power, and that might also upset weaker PSUs.

I have tried that and it still crashes, now it draws around 100 watts at 95 utilization 

Before it was like 120 watts

Welcome to the forums!
I will say that even though your PSU was originally able to handle 350W (probably actually closer to 400), that was when it was made 7 years ago. It's possibly only able to handle 200-250W now. 
The extremely unfortunate part is that given how tiny that case is you're gonna struggle to get a replacement. It's possible that MSI is using something proprietary, but if not, you might be able to get away with something like this
https://www.amazon.com/Hovxjzk-Modular-90-264V-Desktop-Computer/dp/B0BZHNR2HC?th=1

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

45 minutes ago, OddOod said:

Welcome to the forums!
I will say that even though your PSU was originally able to handle 350W (probably actually closer to 400), that was when it was made 7 years ago. It's possibly only able to handle 200-250W now. 
The extremely unfortunate part is that given how tiny that case is you're gonna struggle to get a replacement. It's possible that MSI is using something proprietary, but if not, you might be able to get away with something like this
https://www.amazon.com/Hovxjzk-Modular-90-264V-Desktop-Computer/dp/B0BZHNR2HC?th=1

i have looked on other chassis and a new psu but my mother board is very tiny too. Do i need to buy a new motherboard for a new chassi?

Oh no! It looks like the mobo DOES use proprietary power connections. I'm not sure this is gonna work. You may have to replace pretty much everything aside from the storage. 
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/upgrade-path-advice.3505948/ 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

1 hour ago, OddOod said:

Oh no! It looks like the mobo DOES use proprietary power connections. I'm not sure this is gonna work. You may have to replace pretty much everything aside from the storage. 
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/upgrade-path-advice.3505948/ 

i have been offered to change computer with a friend to a msi codex, same stuff but less storage and only 8 gb of ram, but i use the 3050 in that computer instead, do you think its worth it? He has 350 watt psu also but its much cheaper to change that psu and more options if i am right.

22 hours ago, Viggo Stark said:

i have been offered to change computer with a friend to a msi codex, same stuff but less storage and only 8 gb of ram, but i use the 3050 in that computer instead, do you think its worth it? He has 350 watt psu also but its much cheaper to change that psu and more options if i am right.

It's a far better place to start from. What are the specs?

You should be completely correct that the parts will be upgradable. 

On 3/15/2024 at 4:07 PM, OddOod said:

It's a far better place to start from. What are the specs?

You should be completely correct that the parts will be upgradable. 

same specs as mine, 1060 3gb, i5 8400, 350 psu i think, 8 gb ram, if i do the change i am going to buy a new psu and new ram to start with, and then new motherboard and a new cpu, think thats the plan. i dont know which motherboard he has yet!

On 3/17/2024 at 8:12 AM, Viggo Stark said:

same specs as mine, 1060 3gb, i5 8400, 350 psu i think, 8 gb ram, if i do the change i am going to buy a new psu and new ram to start with, and then new motherboard and a new cpu, think thats the plan. i dont know which motherboard he has yet!

Honestly, I currently run a computer with an 8700k paired with a 3080TI (4K60 screen) and I don't really experience any bottlenecking. You can get that CPU used for 100$ on US Ebay, plus 2x16GB DDR4 3600 for another 50$. Plus another 100-150 for a good 850W PSU, you're kinda set for 300$. Then you can begin to hunt a deal on a GPU, likely gonna be a ton of NV30 series kicking around when NV50 series drops, though that will likely be early next year. 

Think we're too far into the weeds here. Have you tried running Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) and then installing the latest 3000 series driver from NVIDIA's site?

You can't swap the GPUs without doing the above and expect it to work.

On 3/19/2024 at 3:34 PM, Slizzo said:

Think we're too far into the weeds here. Have you tried running Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) and then installing the latest 3000 series driver from NVIDIA's site?

You can't swap the GPUs without doing the above and expect it to work.

Yes i have done that already!