Recommendation needed! Graphic Design oriented monitor - 2024 options

HexCodeLover

Hello everyone!

I've been a huge fan of LTT for SO MANY YEARS, and have finally created an account over here since I need some pro's help on this very important matter!

In summary: I currently have a 1920x1080 32" monitor, and not only is it quite low in the PPI (69 iirc), but I am not so sure that it's the best quality monitor for graphic design, a passion of mine.

Being that I'm european, and choices over here can be slightly different, do any of you guys have suggestions for a 32" 4k monitor that would be good enough in the color and contrast department for my graphic design passion? The budget is of around 400€ (A MIRACLE, I KNOW HAHAHAHA, but it's worth a shot)

It would be good to know where exactly out of europe you come from, as pricing can be vastly different. If gaming isn't a focus, I'd go with one of LG's UN-series monitors. I' not a graphic designer myself, but I'd say the monitor should be high resolution and have a wide color gamut with decent color accuracity.

Something like this would be a good fit.

LG 32UN650P-W ab € 379,26 (2024) | Preisvergleich Geizhals Deutschland

And if you can spare some more budget in the future, getting a colorimeter to be able to properly calibrate your monitor on your own would be seomthing I'd consider.

Display SL - Calibrite - Germany

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

10 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

It would be good to know where exactly out of europe you come from, as pricing can be vastly different. If gaming isn't a focus, I'd go with one of LG's UN-series monitors. I' not a graphic designer myself, but I'd say the monitor should be high resolution and have a wide color gamut with decent color accuracity.

Something like this would be a good fit.

LG 32UN650P-W ab € 379,26 (2024) | Preisvergleich Geizhals Deutschland

And if you can spare some more budget in the future, getting a colorimeter to be able to properly calibrate your monitor on your own would be seomthing I'd consider.

Display SL - Calibrite - Germany

Hey there! Thank you so much for the reply, seriously! It genuinely helped me out a bunch!

I'm based off of Portugal, if that could help out! I'll definitely be looking that monitor up to see if there are any local sellers, but if you have any further feedback on the matter, I appreciate it!

On the colorimeter, you're TOTALLY right! I'm going to have to invest in one soon as possible, as it does open up so many possibilities when it comes to displays and monitors.

Once again, thank you so much!