Moving abroad: Keeping iPhone, keep iMessage/android question (not typical)/remote desktop to android?

I'm moving, and leaving a phone here. The phone here will be on a USA network, and is android. I'm hoping to keep iMessage tied to my US number. I'll use google to view messages from the USA based android phone, for 2 factor and other similar items. So... I want what everyone complains about, I think? "I'm not getting messages to my android phone! It still thinks I have an iPhone" is the goal.

If I don't change my iMessage settings, will it continue to send iMessages to my iPhone, even though it's attached to an Android phone? I realize that any regular texts won't get to me, but honestly most people in my life have an iPhone...

I've seen solutions where the goal was to get iMessage on android, but I don't need that. (Oh and if you're like 'why pay for the line still' it will still be used by my family. And this way I can keep my number.)

I'm also trying to find a good/cheap remote desktop option. And... there isn't much for android.
Edit: Oh duh. Airdroid. And can do 1 phone free.

Why not just have a old used iphone recieve your imessages and you check it?

I mean this is just a fragile mess that WILL fail rather quick so I'd just do the short pain and fully go imessage on the new number. Or do like the rest of the world and use a non device bound messaging platform.

2 hours ago, jaslion said:

Why not just have a old used iphone recieve your imessages and you check it?

I mean this is just a fragile mess that WILL fail rather quick so I'd just do the short pain and fully go imessage on the new number. Or do like the rest of the world and use a non device bound messaging platform.

Please don't get into arguments about what is better lol. I have my reasons for making the specific choices. I have been android most of the time, but it's useful to have it set up like this for me and my life situation.

The simple question is this: If I don't remove my number from iMessage, will I keep access to the number on my iMessage account?

7 hours ago, Avaviel said:

Please don't get into arguments about what is better lol. I have my reasons for making the specific choices. I have been android most of the time, but it's useful to have it set up like this for me and my life situation.

The simple question is this: If I don't remove my number from iMessage, will I keep access to the number on my iMessage account?

Apple appearantly has a timeout timer for that where you need to veryify you are still using imessage by recieving a confirm message to the number via imessage.

So basically it will work for a little bit till the timer runs out.

Found the answer!

https://www.reddit.com/r/beeper/comments/18z4hem/whats_my_best_option_for_imessage_on_android/

If you have an iPhone and a Mac, BlueBubbles would be your best option! I am currently using my old iPhone 7 to have my number registered, but I had to use one of the older methods to make it work. The methods can be tricky, but here is the method I did to finally make it work again, especially after one try. My phone number has been registered for about 4 days now!

What I had to do is:

1. Take my active SIM card and put it into my iPhone 7, I waited like 10-20 minutes to make sure that Apple has my number registered to iMessage.

2. Turned on Airplane Mode, but kept the Wi-Fi on

3. Took out the active SIM card and replaced it with a inactive SIM card

Now my iPhone is always powered on and connected to Wi-Fi and the phone registration hasn't disconnected, yet, but this is one of the most reliable methods to use it seems!

Also, with BlueBubbles and some tweaks to the Mac, you can get other features like editing, invisible messages and other effects (like fireworks, confetti, etc) 😉