7900x3d System Impact of Core Isolation and Virtual Machine Platform (VMP) on performance

Hello everyone;

I am faced with an interesting situation.
I switched from 5900X system to 7900x3d system. After Windows installation, I installed AIDA64 to do a small test. And when I did the test, it gave the warning I shared below during the memory test.

Waring.jpg.1317cc12c890d0dd4258309cb67157ad.jpg

While researching the subject on the net, I came across the following Microsoft article;

Options to Optimize Gaming Performance in Windows 11

The article suggested that I should turn off Turning off Memory Integrity and Turning off Virtual Machine Platform (VMP) settings.

I turned off both settings, even Virtualization from CPU properties in BIOS.

AIDA64 did not give the same warning again and passed the Memory test without any problems.
Moreover, while the memory reading was previously around 78000 points, it increased to over 80000 points. Likewise, it started giving higher scores in the CPU Test after shutting it down.

Has anyone turned off these Turning off Memory Integrity (Core Isolation) and Turning off Virtual Machine Platform (VMP) settings and tested them? Or encountered a similar situation?

It seemed very interesting to me. I think Windows performs some processes in the background through Virtualization and reduces CPU and Memory Performance. This is exactly the situation I understand.

I would be very happy if anyone with knowledge on the subject could give their opinion.

AMD RYZEN 9 7900X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-E GAMING WIFI | ASUS ROG STRIX LC III 360 ARGB | G.SKILL TridentZ5 NEO RGB 2X24GB 6400Mhz CL32 | ASUS TUF Radeon RX 7800XT | Asus ROG Strix SCOPE | Asus ROG GLADIUS II CORE | XPG SX8200PRO 2x2TB nVME | XPG SX8100 2x2TB nVME | Corsair RM1000x Shift 80+ Gold | Corsair 5000D Case

40 minutes ago, Orodruin said:

Hello everyone;

I am faced with an interesting situation.
I switched from 5900X system to 7900x3d system. After Windows installation, I installed AIDA64 to do a small test. And when I did the test, it gave the warning I shared below during the memory test.

Waring.jpg.1317cc12c890d0dd4258309cb67157ad.jpg

While researching the subject on the net, I came across the following Microsoft article;

Options to Optimize Gaming Performance in Windows 11

The article suggested that I should turn off Turning off Memory Integrity and Turning off Virtual Machine Platform (VMP) settings.

I turned off both settings, even Virtualization from CPU properties in BIOS.

AIDA64 did not give the same warning again and passed the Memory test without any problems.
Moreover, while the memory reading was previously around 78000 points, it increased to over 80000 points. Likewise, it started giving higher scores in the CPU Test after shutting it down.

Has anyone turned off these Turning off Memory Integrity (Core Isolation) and Turning off Virtual Machine Platform (VMP) settings and tested them? Or encountered a similar situation?

It seemed very interesting to me. I think Windows performs some processes in the background through Virtualization and reduces CPU and Memory Performance. This is exactly the situation I understand.

I would be very happy if anyone with knowledge on the subject could give their opinion.

Never experience either to be enabled by default and yes it'll reduce performance slightly, at least virtualization. After searching, it might be enabled by default on 7000 series ryzen? idk: 

https://www.overclock.net/threads/official-zen-4-x3d-owners-club-7800x3d-7900x3d-7950x3d.1803292/post-29151147

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Disable TSME in BIOS and this should go away. (maybe you'll need to disable virtualisation in BIOS as well) 

If you don't want to do that, even having Windows Sandbox enabled in Windows (does not have to be ruining at all) or any other VM software will likely result in this error in Aida. 

1 hour ago, DoctorNick said:

Never experience either to be enabled by default and yes it'll reduce performance slightly, at least virtualization. After searching, it might be enabled by default on 7000 series ryzen? idk: 

https://www.overclock.net/threads/official-zen-4-x3d-owners-club-7800x3d-7900x3d-7950x3d.1803292/post-29151147

I decided to do it like this. I will turn on Virtualization in BIOS. I will turn off Core Isolation under Windows. Frankly, I was a little surprised that it showed such a performance difference. Because, like the DENUVO copy protection in some games, Core Isolation and AMD-V based on Virtualization seem to tire the system unnecessarily.

AMD RYZEN 9 7900X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-E GAMING WIFI | ASUS ROG STRIX LC III 360 ARGB | G.SKILL TridentZ5 NEO RGB 2X24GB 6400Mhz CL32 | ASUS TUF Radeon RX 7800XT | Asus ROG Strix SCOPE | Asus ROG GLADIUS II CORE | XPG SX8200PRO 2x2TB nVME | XPG SX8100 2x2TB nVME | Corsair RM1000x Shift 80+ Gold | Corsair 5000D Case

1 hour ago, WereCat said:

Disable TSME in BIOS and this should go away. (maybe you'll need to disable virtualisation in BIOS as well) 

If you don't want to do that, even having Windows Sandbox enabled in Windows (does not have to be ruining at all) or any other VM software will likely result in this error in Aida. 

I installed Microsoft Office. It was installed in Microsoft Sandbox with it. Could this have caused the situation you mentioned? Frankly, I don't understand why it was uploaded. It's not an app I use.

What exactly is the setting you call TSME? What does it do?
I am using an Asus motherboard. If you let me know, I can close it too.

23 minutes ago, Orodruin said:

I installed Microsoft Office. It was installed in Microsoft Sandbox with it. Could this have caused the situation you mentioned? Frankly, I don't understand why it was uploaded. It's not an app I use.

What exactly is the setting you call TSME? What does it do?
I am using an Asus motherboard. If you let me know, I can close it too.

If you're using ASUS then just hit F9 in BIOS and search for it. 

It's a memory encryption for virtualisation and disabling it helps with performance and should help with the "core isolation" as this should disable it too if I remember correctly. 

Regarding virtualisation setting in BIOS, I always forget what it's called so you'll have to google it.

20 hours ago, WereCat said:

If you're using ASUS then just hit F9 in BIOS and search for it. 

It's a memory encryption for virtualisation and disabling it helps with performance and should help with the "core isolation" as this should disable it too if I remember correctly. 

Regarding virtualisation setting in BIOS, I always forget what it's called so you'll have to google it.

I turned off all Hyper-V features under Windows.
I also turned off Kernel Isolation. I also turned off data encryption under BIOS Memory settings.
I no longer need to turn off Virtualization in BIOS.

Currently, all relevant settings under Windows are closed and AIDA64 no longer gives that warning and performance does not decrease.

I want to ask one more thing. I am using gskill 2x24gb cl32 ram kit with 7900x3d. Under AIDA64 it gives a latency value of 75.9ns. Is there a way to lower this a little more?
The delay value seems a bit high to me. Say what?

1 minute ago, Orodruin said:

I want to ask one more thing. I am using gskill 2x24gb cl32 ram kit with 7900x3d. Under AIDA64 it gives a latency value of 75.9ns. Is there a way to lower this a little more?
The delay value seems a bit high to me. Say what?

Latency will vary a lot depending on the RAM speed and subtimings and your FCLK/MCLK/UCLK ratio and whatever the system does while you run the Aida memory benchmark.

Can you post screenshot of Zentimings?