Do these MSI models have identical PCBs?

Hello, does anyone know if these 4 models have the same PCB? I've reached out to MSI, but they wouldn't answer or perhaps didn't know the response.

MSI GeForce RTX 4080 GAMING x TRIO
MSI GeForce RTX 4080 SUPRIM X

MSI GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER GAMING x TRIO
MSI GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER SUPRIM X

I need to find a compatible water block for the SUPER models and had considered using one compatible with the regular 4080 models.

Apparently, all 4 GPUs have the same PCB, but since I haven't been able to see photos of the super models, I can't be certain.

As long as the GPU, VRAM, and VRMs are all in the same places and the screws line up, it shouldn't be a problem.

The only real difference between a Super and non-Super GPU is the amount of Cuda cores and clock speed, if I recall correctly.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

They use the same PCB.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1 hour ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

As long as the GPU, VRAM, and VRMs are all in the same places and the screws line up, it shouldn't be a problem.

The only real difference between a Super and non-Super GPU is the amount of Cuda cores and clock speed, if I recall correctly.

1 hour ago, Godlygamer23 said:

They use the same PCB.

I also think they have the same PCB, but what's odd is that I asked Alphacool if their water block was valid for the same SUPER model, and they replied that they didn't have a compatible water block for the SUPER version nor planned to manufacture one. Here it is: https://shop.alphacool.com/en/shop/gpu-water-cooling/nvidia/13527-alphacool-eisblock-aurora-acryl-rtx-4080-suprim-with-backplate

10 minutes ago, Ken Masters said:

I also think they have the same PCB, but what's odd is that I asked Alphacool if their water block was valid for the same SUPER model, and they replied that they didn't have a compatible water block for the SUPER version nor planned to manufacture one. Here it is: https://shop.alphacool.com/en/shop/gpu-water-cooling/nvidia/13527-alphacool-eisblock-aurora-acryl-rtx-4080-suprim-with-backplate

Not sure what Alphacool is referencing, but they all appear the same. Even if the components are slightly difference, placement and mounting holes are what matter here. 

Did you ask them what the differences were between the SUPER and non-SUPER? 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

7 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Not sure what Alphacool is referencing, but they all appear the same. Even if the components are slightly difference, placement and mounting holes are what matter here. 

Did you ask them what the differences were between the SUPER and non-SUPER? 

I told Alphacool that they seemed to have the same PCBs and asked if they had verified it, but I never received further responses, so I asked here.

2 hours ago, Ken Masters said:

I told Alphacool that they seemed to have the same PCBs and asked if they had verified it, but I never received further responses, so I asked here.

Pretty sure they're the same. However, if the warranty needs to be utilized, they might give you a hard time about it because it's not a "compatible product" if they find out it was on the SUPER variants. 

35 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Pretty sure they're the same. However, if the warranty needs to be utilized, they might give you a hard time about it because it's not a "compatible product" if they find out it was on the SUPER variants. 

After several days, Alphacool finally responded to me. Maybe it is compatible after all, but for some reason, they didn't verify it.

Alphacool's response:

"Sadly we do not have any information about that, the compatibility list is made by the Grafics cards department and this was not entered in the list by them. Unfortunately, we are therefore unable to confirm compatibility."