Drawing tablet XP-Pen Artist 12 Pro static screen with new PC

Corazon34

Hi, my Artist 12 Pro doesn't work with my newly built PC, it shows this grey/black/white static screen. It works flawlessly on my older laptop (which has an Nvidia gpu).

The new PC has an AMD graphics card, I've tried connecting the tablet directly to HDMI port and with an adapter to 3 different DisplayPort.

The tablet gets recognized by Windows (tried with clean installs of Win10 and 11) and the Pentablet software, I've set extend/mirror on Windows settings, changed between 59 and 60Hz, disabled HDCP on AMD software.

The pen works, I can see the mouse cursor moving away when I touch the screen with the pen.

I've also tried many different AMD drivers.

In safe mode, with both tablet and monitor connected, the tablet actually works and acts as the main monitor, while my actual main monitor stops working. If I go into safe mode with just the main monitor connected, then it works fine.

I don't know what else I could try, other than changing either the tablet or the graphics card.

Thanks in advance for any help.

36 minutes ago, Corazon34 said:

Hi, my Artist 12 Pro doesn't work with my newly built PC, it shows this grey/black/white static screen. It works flawlessly on my older laptop (which has an Nvidia gpu).

The new PC has an AMD graphics card, I've tried connecting the tablet directly to HDMI port and with an adapter to 3 different DisplayPort.

The tablet gets recognized by Windows (tried with clean installs of Win10 and 11) and the Pentablet software, I've set extend/mirror on Windows settings, changed between 59 and 60Hz, disabled HDCP on AMD software.

The pen works, I can see the mouse cursor moving away when I touch the screen with the pen.

I've also tried many different AMD drivers.

In safe mode, with both tablet and monitor connected, the tablet actually works and acts as the main monitor, while my actual main monitor stops working. If I go into safe mode with just the main monitor connected, then it works fine.

I don't know what else I could try, other than changing either the tablet or the graphics card.

Thanks in advance for any help.

https://www.reddit.com/r/XPpen/comments/18vh6st/has_anyone_got_xppen_artist_12_pro_working_on_an/

29 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

Thanks for the reply.

I saw that post on reddit (and many more really) but nothing seems to work. Looks like that user ended up returning the tablet.

Right now I'm in contact with XP-Pen support, they confirmed this a compatibily issue with the Artist 12 Pro and AMD drivers. They say there's no compatibility issue with Nvidia graphic cards.