USB 3.2 GEN 2x2 (20Gbps) host switcher

I have two computers with a usb 3.2 gen 2x2 interface. I want to take advantage of the ports for file transfer between the two devices.

Due to USB being a host-slave hierarchy my current plan is to have an ssd in an enclosure with a usb 3.2 gen 2x2 port and then connecting the enclosure to a device switcher that would have the enclosure on one side and on the host side two usb 3.2 gen 2x2 ports for hosts that i could swap with a click of a button.

I am having a hard time finding a device switcher that uses 3.2 gen 2X2 ports and not just 3.2 gen 2.

25 minutes ago, Mlady Swagalot said:

I have two computers with a usb 3.2 gen 2x2 interface. I want to take advantage of the ports for file transfer between the two devices.

Due to USB being a host-slave hierarchy my current plan is to have an ssd in an enclosure with a usb 3.2 gen 2x2 port and then connecting the enclosure to a device switcher that would have the enclosure on one side and on the host side two usb 3.2 gen 2x2 ports for hosts that i could swap with a click of a button.

I am having a hard time finding a device switcher that uses 3.2 gen 2X2 ports and not just 3.2 gen 2.

You probably will have an easier search time if you just search for Thunderbolt kvm.

At least Thunderbolt 2 for 20Gbps. Although IIRC Type-C connector is only for Thunderbolt 3 and above.

Whether or not what you're thinking of will work with it though, idk.

It's gonna be expensive, that's for sure.

An example of a TB2 KVM switch:

https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/us7220.html

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

2 hours ago, Poinkachu said:

You probably will have an easier search time if you just search for Thunderbolt kvm.

At least Thunderbolt 2 for 20Gbps. Although IIRC Type-C connector is only for Thunderbolt 3 and above.

Whether or not what you're thinking of will work with it though, idk.

It's gonna be expensive, that's for sure.

An example of a TB2 KVM switch:

https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/us7220.html

Im using AM5 MSI Meg x670e ace so no internal thunderbolt header so no thunderbolt 😞