OCP on Boot, out of ideas

Hi y'all, I've been having an issue trying to put together a new rig over the past two months. Whenever I try to turn it on, what seems like OCP kicks in immediately and nothing boots. I have to unplug and replug the power cable for me to be able to replicate the issue again, otherwise nothing happens when I power on. I have tried in the case, out of the case, with only the 24-pin connected, with and without RAM, and no matter what, I get the same issue. I've replaced the motherboard and the CPU and these changes have not helped. I've also updated the BIOS to the latest non-beta version (7D73v16). The only time I've been able to get the motherboard to power on properly is with only the 24-pin connected, no CPU in socket, no RAM, and the CPU latch open. When I close the CPU latch, OCP kicks in again. I have tested the PSU with a tester tool and on another system and it functions normally on both of those occasions. I am so out of ideas because I've tested just about everything that could be the culprit here, and have issued multiple replacements. Any advice would be appreciated, and big thanks to anyone reading this now. Please let me know if there's any additional info I need to provide.

Specs:

• Ryzen 7 7800X3D (Ryzen 9 7900X tested, same result)
  • MSI MAG CORELIQUID C240
  • MSI MPG B650I EDGE WIFI
  • G.Skill Flare X5 2x32GB DDR5-6000MT/s CL30
  • MSI VENTUS 3X RTX 3080Ti 12GB
  • Acer Predator GM7000 4TB
  • Cooler Master SFX 1100W
  • Phanteks Evolv Shift XT

IMG_6113.mov

7 hours ago, TheGamingCheetah said:

Hi y'all, I've been having an issue trying to put together a new rig over the past two months. Whenever I try to turn it on, what seems like OCP kicks in immediately and nothing boots. I have to unplug and replug the power cable for me to be able to replicate the issue again, otherwise nothing happens when I power on. I have tried in the case, out of the case, with only the 24-pin connected, with and without RAM, and no matter what, I get the same issue. I've replaced the motherboard and the CPU and these changes have not helped. I've also updated the BIOS to the latest non-beta version (7D73v16). The only time I've been able to get the motherboard to power on properly is with only the 24-pin connected, no CPU in socket, no RAM, and the CPU latch open. When I close the CPU latch, OCP kicks in again. I have tested the PSU with a tester tool and on another system and it functions normally on both of those occasions. I am so out of ideas because I've tested just about everything that could be the culprit here, and have issued multiple replacements. Any advice would be appreciated, and big thanks to anyone reading this now. Please let me know if there's any additional info I need to provide.

Specs:

• Ryzen 7 7800X3D (Ryzen 9 7900X tested, same result)
  • MSI MAG CORELIQUID C240
  • MSI MPG B650I EDGE WIFI
  • G.Skill Flare X5 2x32GB DDR5-6000MT/s CL30
  • MSI VENTUS 3X RTX 3080Ti 12GB
  • Acer Predator GM7000 4TB
  • Cooler Master SFX 1100W
  • Phanteks Evolv Shift XT

IMG_6113.mov 8.33 MB · 2 downloads

Hello. The issue you might be having is that you don't have any RAM plugged in while you test always have 1 stick in at all times for a boot to happen if theres no RAM then the pc will not even turn on at all or let alone boot. The issue here might be one of the RAM is faulty so try each of them separately and in different sockets preferably try each one in A2 and A4.

looking at the video you sent this might be a RAM issue rather than a mobo or CPU issue. If its not a RAM issue then its your PSU and you should try a known existing one to test