Best Gaming Mouse

Im trying to help a friend decide what mouse to get to upgrade from his gpx super light and I want him getting the best mouse he can get, he's been looking at the Lamzu thorn and is thinking about getting that but ive been looking at the viper v2 pro/ death adder v3 pro since it has the best latency in a mouse out there but I just want some more opinions on this, I just want to make sure that he gets the best mouse possible as he is a high level player at the games he plays and I don't want him having any chance of the mouse ruining the experience and making him lose out on making money

I have both the Viper v2 Pro and Death Addy pro v3 and both feel great in the hand, but the Viper v2 Pro is better suited for FPS control IMO. Its very similar to the GPX in terms of feel. Its slightly wider and slightly shorter in bump making it great for claw type and hybrid claw/palm. I have no experience with Lamzu mice personally, but hear them mentioned a lot in Boardzy's videos when I pull them up for info. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

There is no one best mouse. What are the top three priorities? 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

35 minutes ago, OddOod said:

There is no one best mouse. What are the top three priorities? 

good tracking, good latency, and good side buttons

i don’t think he really has a budget besides being cheaper then the ultralight x, he plays fortnite so i don’t know exactly what makes a mouse good for it but just something that will not hinder his performance 

Mice are even more subjective than keyboards. If your friend has the ability to go to a local store and place their hand on some and see what fits their hand best, this would be ideal.  Just because I like a G502 doesn't mean your friend will, or find it comfortable to use. 

I'm with Ohio, Just because I adore the G604 doesn't mean your friend will. 12/10 best option is to test out some options and settle on what feels right

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup