Problem with ASUS GS-AX3000 in Ai-mesh Wifi and hardwire configuration!

DeaDEyE1425

So the current config consists of 3 ASUS GS-AX3000 and one TUF-AX3000 Router. A Fritz! router which is required by my service provider is connected to the Main Asus Router.

All of the ASUS GS-AX3000 besides being connected through the AI Mesh system are also hardwired through Powerlineadapter to minimize ping/lag for (competetive) gaming. There are 2 PCs connected to 2 seperate ASUS GS-AX3000 configered as nodes which both have the same problem described below.

Switching the backhaul mode from hardwire to 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz disconnects the internet connection completly and the router is practicly unusable, it is not even possible to access the overlay of the node while beeing hardwired from the PC to the router. You have to access the node from the main router or a diffrent node to reverse the backhaul mode back to automatic (hardwire) OR just disconnect the router from the Powerlineadapter and it instantly starts working in 5Ghz/2.4Ghz.

Did anyone run into the same problem as me, or does anyone have an idea what could go wrong when switching between backhaul modes.

I have included a screenshot of the AI-mesh setup for clarification for the config im running, since english is not my first language, maybe it's easier to understand seeing a visual component.

Screenshot2024-03-05214249.png.faa8d6b69ccc4d0b3aa372459e80c444.png.

13 hours ago, DeaDEyE1425 said:

Did anyone run into the same problem as me, or does anyone have an idea what could go wrong when switching between backhaul modes.

Why do you need to switch the backhaul medium so much? You're interrupting the mesh network and reassigning antenna bands, so I wouldn't expect less.

Set up AiMesh and leave it alone.