High temperatures and loud noice

Simisko
Go to solution Solved by Simisko,

I've just set in the power plan the cpu min to 5% and the max to 75% and the noice is normal even while playing cpu heavy games with the same temps. So I guess this is the solution for now. From 4000RPM to 800-1000RPM.

Hey,
my sister has Acer Aspire TC-1660 (https://www.acer.com/cz-cs/desktops-and-all-in-ones/aspire-classic-desktops/aspire-tc/pdp/DG.BGZEC.006), and the pc is extremely loud (cpu fan running at 2000+RPM) with high temperatures, 45-60°C idle cpu (cleaned up 1month ago). My question is, is it possible to swap the cases and/or cpu fan? If so, what would you recommend? She would prefer white case with some RGB, cpu fan doesnt matter. The cheaper, the better.
Thank you

I suspect changing cases might be difficult, because if I google the motherboard it doesn't look normal in terms of shape or power connectors.

Heatsink: it looks like they have screw holes instead of the usual mounts, so I'm not sure about that one either.

Posted (edited)

It seems there's no case fan. A gpu plus a cpu do need airflow.

The system might be ok if there was one fan (or two).

You should definitely mount an exaust on the rear (and maybe even an intake fan on that side panel). There's at least one other fan header on that motherboard.

I'd also try if the app Fan Control can manage you cpu cooler fan speed (plus of any other fan).

And I agree with @Tetras you're stuck there, it's all proprietary.

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.

So the best way would be to buy a motherboard, case and cpu cooler?

37 minutes ago, Simisko said:

So the best way would be to buy a motherboard, case and cpu cooler?

It is a way indeed.

But it'd be sad to buy that stuff new, because it is a pretty old socket.

If you buy new, you should better buy another cpu too. You can choose between AMD AM4, Intel 1700 or AMD AM5 (the last being the most expensive but also the best).

I'm willing to swim against the current.

I've just set in the power plan the cpu min to 5% and the max to 75% and the noice is normal even while playing cpu heavy games with the same temps. So I guess this is the solution for now. From 4000RPM to 800-1000RPM.