Do I need a new AIO

Hello upgrading for intel 7900x  to 7900x3d amd. I have a h150i corsair 360 rad had for about 5 years works well so I need to replace this with a new one if i dont see an issue. And if I was to keep this one I would need a bracket to fit this cooler for am5 and not sure which one I need some help would be great.

10 minutes ago, SLOTHINSPACE said:

to 7900x3d amd

Why this chip specifically? It's in a weird no-mans-land of price, performance, and software scheduling issues that it rarely makes sense to get in comparison to the 7800X3D, 7900(X), or 14700K. What are you doing on your system where this chip makes sense?

13 minutes ago, SLOTHINSPACE said:

I have a h150i corsair 360 rad had for about 5 years works well so I need to replace this with a new one if i dont see an issue.

It works now, though AIOs do tend to start dying off around the 5 year mark, so if it's working now that doesn't mean it will still be working after another year or two. Personally, I'd sell the AIO with the i9 7900X and just get a new cooler all together. 

14 minutes ago, SLOTHINSPACE said:

And if I was to keep this one I would need a bracket to fit this cooler for am5 and not sure which one I need some help would be great.

Contact Corsair, they should have ones available. Do know that usually the AM4 bracket works just fine with AM5, so if you have that bracket still, that will likely work. The rule of thumb is that if it comes with a backplate to use with AM4 systems, it's not AM5 compatible, while if it uses the stock AMD backplate, it is. 

39 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Why this chip specifically? It's in a weird no-mans-land of price, performance, and software scheduling issues that it rarely makes sense to get in comparison to the 7800X3D, 7900(X), or 14700K. What are you doing on your system where this chip makes sense?

It works now, though AIOs do tend to start dying off around the 5 year mark, so if it's working now that doesn't mean it will still be working after another year or two. Personally, I'd sell the AIO with the i9 7900X and just get a new cooler all together. 

Contact Corsair, they should have ones available. Do know that usually the AM4 bracket works just fine with AM5, so if you have that bracket still, that will likely work. The rule of thumb is that if it comes with a backplate to use with AM4 systems, it's not AM5 compatible, while if it uses the stock AMD backplate, it is. 

I have only seen good things with this cpu, with low wattage compared to high end intel cpus and good proformance any other suggestions, if I get a new Corsair cooler any suggestions I was also looking at the D-15 air cooler but I’m not sure if it will fit in my 465x Corsair case 

Just now, SLOTHINSPACE said:

I have only seen good things with this cpu

The issue with this chip is that it's worse at gaming than the 7800X3D and worse at production workloads than the 7900(X), both of which are cheaper. It tries to be a middle ground between the two, but because of the weird scheduling issues it can run into, the less cache than the 7800X3D, and the lower clock speeds compared to the 7900(X) it doesn't perform all that much better in games compared to the 7900(X) and performs worse in multi core workstation focused tasks. Besides, the 7900X is not a bad gaming chip by any measure, so don't think that you're getting a terrible gaming chip by not getting on of the X3D chips. 

If you want the lower power consumption of the AM5 platform, that's fine, but you're better off getting one of the other two chips depending on how your usage is skewed. 

11 minutes ago, SLOTHINSPACE said:

if I get a new Corsair cooler any suggestions I was also looking at the D-15 air cooler but I’m not sure if it will fit in my 465x Corsair case 

There are better air coolers nowadays compared to the NH-D15 like the Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120. Your case can fit coolers 160mm tall, which the Peerless Assassin is under that threshold (155mm), so as long as you aren't using high profile RAM you should be fine with it.