Thoughts on CARLUEX

Hi there!

It's me again! We're currently in talks with CARLUEX to potential sponsor some EV coverage on ShortCircuit. They're basically Android boxes for any compatible vehicle and lets you have on-board access to YouTube, Netflix, etc. via WiFi or SIM card. The a common use cases for them is if a vehicle has Apple Car Play/Android Auto, but only in wired mode, you can convert it to be wireless with a box like these.

We were sent a unit as a sample and it works as intended, but I was wonder if you guys had any experience with this brand or similar products.

*Please note that our team does our own research and testing around vetting sponsor products and services. However, we've found that soliciting feedback from the community can sometimes add something new to the conversation that we weren't aware of*

14 minutes ago, Steve Chan said:

Hi there!

It's me again! We're currently in talks with CARLUEX to potential sponsor some EV coverage on ShortCircuit. They're basically Android boxes for any compatible vehicle and lets you have on-board access to YouTube, Netflix, etc. via WiFi or SIM card. The a common use cases for them is if a vehicle has Apple Car Play/Android Auto, but only in wired mode, you can convert it to be wireless with a box like these.

We were sent a unit as a sample and it works as intended, but I was wonder if you guys had any experience with this brand or similar products.

*Please note that our team does our own research and testing around vetting sponsor products and services. However, we've found that soliciting feedback from the community can sometimes add something new to the conversation that we weren't aware of*

While I haven't purchased the product: the site does trigger a few of my marketing icks: (photos provided in order of ick) 

-Misspelled words

-Incorrect grammar (no space after comma)

-btw

-A "tool" that doesn't do anything meaningful unless you give them your email, only to have the result of the "tool" on another page in plain sight.

-Being bombarded with a "spin to win discount" 

Overall I may just be nit-picking having been raised in a family of teachers, but the vast majority of them are simple things to avoid by someone proof reading your site.

Screenshot_20240304_191727_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240304_191914_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240304_192153_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240304_192959_Chrome.jpg

8 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

-Misspelled words

Bluuetooth

Wireless Android Auto is fine.  I use a product for that myself but would never allow playing of videos while driving. 

And yeah, the marketing is horrible.  Makes you wonder about the same care with the device.

Looks interesting but you might want to inquiry about security updates:

The carluex air wireless they sell is Android 9.

Last security patch (from google) for this android version was 2022.

image.png.e89b02bfac4e35f5d2f57049c64a2756.png

To check combability (combability quiz) they collect the E-Mail address:

image.thumb.png.59e539115bd3683663996590d469c142.png

Also the quiz itself is generic. Had hoped they ask the right question as not every 2016-2024 VW car has carplay/android auto.

image.thumb.png.8da0ca763fefb3a43917a81894c8689f.png

People never go out of business.

"btw"

not something you wanna see on a product page lol

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

Hey all! It seems like most of the feedback here is around the layout of the website itself, with it's weird tools and grammar issues. Let me see if I can work with them to help address some of these, should be a pretty simple conversation.

@FlyingPotato_is_taken Thank you for letting me know about the android versions! I'll take a note of that as well.

There are a few things to address, but as the product itself checks out we will be continuing with the partnership. Thanks again to everyone who took the time to help out. We really appreciate it. I'll be locking this thread now, but if anything comes up please feel free to send me a DM.