Aftermarket DIY blind spot monitoring / rear cross traffic system

I have an older car (2013 Honda CRV) that never had BSM/rear cross traffic alert as an option. The dealer doesn't offer such upgrade since honda never had it for that model. A local place would charge up to $1,600 installed. 

I was hoping to buy a system for a few hundred $ and install it myself. AFAIK OEM systems have the radar sensors in the rear bumper. I understand correct angle and location of that sensor are crucial.

Some like this Brandmotion require CAN bus integration, which is beyond of what I want to do. 

My main concern is that the system doesn't work well (many false alerts). My wife has an OEM system in her car that works very well. i like to replicate that.

It is hard to interpret consume reviews since problems they experienced could be installation related. There are tons of cheapone on Amazon, which is suspect. 

So far I found this Eway system  for $400. 

Does anyone have experience and has recommendations? 

And before someone suggests different solutions:

- I know how to adjust my mirrors, but that doesn't help much at night

- I already looked into getting a better rear-view camera. But for my car this also requires new wiring from the back, and a new radio, harnesses etc. So the rear cross traffic alert is something I need. And the camera also may not help a lot at night. 

AMD 9 7900 + Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Platinum

W11 Pro

Rostra is probably your best bet. They do a lot of Commercial and Aftermarket systems

Specifically the rostra 250-1930 in your case.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

3 hours ago, rcmaehl said:

Rostra is probably your best bet. They do a lot of Commercial and Aftermarket systems

Specifically the rostra 250-1930 in your case.

thanks. The 250-1930 seem to be for cargo vans and has visible sensors and no cross-traffic alert. i was more hoping for one of the systems on new cars with the sensors concealed by the bumpers that also have rear-cross-traffic detection (when backing out and a child runs across the back of the car it would alarm the driver - i actually once experienced that in my wife's car and really did not see the child and didn't even know she has that system when it all of sudden beeped).

AFAIK the OEM systems are similar to the brandmotion systems with one concealed radar sensor on the left and right side of the rear bumper. i was hoping to find something similar (bit not requiring CAN bus integration etc.)

AMD 9 7900 + Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Platinum

W11 Pro