White Shadow on white things

dugacs

So I see a white shadow after every white object on my screen. I do not know of this is a gpu or monitor issue, but my monitor is like 30 years old so i guess that is broken but I have to ask you guys because you definately know more than me about this.

IMG_20240304_194318.jpg

IMG_20240304_194300.jpg

12 minutes ago, dugacs said:

So I see a white shadow after every white object on my screen. I do not know of this is a gpu or monitor issue, but my monitor is like 30 years old so i guess that is broken but I have to ask you guys because you definately know more than me about this.

Could be a monitor issue. You don't have a TV or another monitor to test with?

12 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Could be a monitor issue. You don't have a TV or another monitor to test with?

i do but its late now so ill do it tomorrow

15 minutes ago, dugacs said:

i do but its late now so ill do it tomorrow

keep me updated.

Check the cable. Had a similar thing happen on my work monitor a while ago and found out the DisplayPort cable was wedged in between 2 tables. I remanaged it to somewhere it doesn't get pinched and it's been fine ever since. If you can rule out the cable, reinstall your GPU drivers using DDU. If that still doesn't fix it, monitor is probably starting to go bad. If your monitor is really that old, it's probably using an analog signal like DVI or VGA, in which case it's even more likely that such an issue comes from a bad or damaged cable.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

On 3/5/2024 at 12:38 PM, Stahlmann said:

Check the cable. Had a similar thing happen on my work monitor a while ago and found out the DisplayPort cable was wedged in between 2 tables. I remanaged it to somewhere it doesn't get pinched and it's been fine ever since. If you can rule out the cable, reinstall your GPU drivers using DDU. If that still doesn't fix it, monitor is probably starting to go bad. If your monitor is really that old, it's probably using an analog signal like DVI or VGA, in which case it's even more likely that such an issue comes from a bad or damaged cable.

yes its a hdmi to vga adapter so my monitor can be pluggen in