Looking for a laptop for work (EU)

I need help choosing a laptop that will be used primarily for working at home, connected to 2 or 3 screens, and for travel (I already have a USB-C hub with 100W PD).

Requirements:

• Lightweight
  • 16GB RAM
  • Well built
  • USB-C PD

Nice to haves:

• Thunderbolt 4
  • Touchscreen
  • Slim

I don't need powerful specs. A modern i5 or equivalent is enough, no gaming GPU, and for storage even 256 GB is likely enough, no reason to go above 512 GB, 1080p-ish screen resolution.

The problem I am having with this is that many laptops in this config I've seen come with 8GB RAM, but I know when I work on my gaming PC, I'm nearly always above 8GB usage, so I might need to get an i7 which is fine. For this computer, I care about build quality, so I'd like to avoid cheap plastic builds and rather look for the lesser specced Dell XPS/LG Gram types, possibly Microsoft Surface or others I am not aware of. I do not have experience with any of these, so any advice will be appreciated.

My budget is somewhere around 1000€. As low as I can get away with, but willing to go up to 1300€ if it makes sense for the given model that has some extra bells and whistles.

Thinkpads, Dell Latitudes, and HP Elitebooks are always a good bet for this kind of use case. I'm partial to the Latitude series myself. Have a look at this Latitude 5440. Business class machines like these are built to a higher standard than the consumer and prosumer options.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

5 hours ago, LloydLynx said:

Thinkpads, Dell Latitudes, and HP Elitebooks are always a good bet for this kind of use case. I'm partial to the Latitude series myself. Have a look at this Latitude 5440. Business class machines like these are built to a higher standard than the consumer and prosumer options.

Thanks, I'll look into those. The 5440 is reasonably priced. If I don't find anything slimmer, this might be on the top of my list.