What would be a good upgrade from my current gpu?

mr.happy
Go to solution Solved by Blazepoint5,
2 minutes ago, mr.happy said:

At this point it would be best to build a whole new pc? Do you recommend amd or intel? also how much watts psu should I get? In the meantime what would be a good upgrade for playing 1080p at high framerates?

A 650w psu would work fine but get 700 to have a little head room.

That depends on you since you already have a pc just upgrade the CPU to maybe an i9 9900k or ks, it is the same socket as your i7 so you wont have to change mobo, get a good cooling system because its an i9 lmao. 

I want to upgrade my GPU but do not know what to get; I mostly want to be able to game at 1440p at high framerates. my current gpu is a gtx1080

Need more info. What are your system specs (including the OEM and model of your PSU)? What games? What detail setting? Are you the "upgrade every generation" type, or do you want this to last? Open to used?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

Need more info. What are your system specs (including the OEM and model of your PSU)? What games? What detail setting? Are you the "upgrade every generation" type, or do you want this to last? Open to used?

image.png.54fab562a7ffa07934bcb9475ee70269.png

just want to game at 1440p 60 fps if possible, I stopped paying attention of pc hardware so I don't know what will be a good upgrade.

12 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Yeah I'm open to the use market

1 hour ago, mr.happy said:

Yeah I'm open to the use market

Whats your budget 

1 minute ago, Blazepoint5 said:

Whats your budget 

under 800 usd

under 800 usd

It would be tricky to get you a good 1440p 60+ fps gpu with out you getting bottleneck by your cpu

5 minutes ago, Blazepoint5 said:

It would be tricky to get you a good 1440p 60+ fps gpu with out you getting bottleneck by your cpu

At this point it would be best to build a whole new pc? Do you recommend amd or intel? also how much watts psu should I get? In the meantime what would be a good upgrade for playing 1080p at high framerates?

5 minutes ago, mr.happy said:

under 800 usd

You can get a 

4070super

Rx 6750xt

3070 ti

3060ti

Rx 6800 

I would recommend getting the 6750xt, you can use it with your cpu even though there is going to be a bottleneck but its just a little bit about 13%. The gpu is a 12gigs vram.

A 650w psu would work fine but get 700 to have a little head room.

That depends on you since you already have a pc just upgrade the CPU to maybe an i9 9900k or ks, it is the same socket as your i7 so you wont have to change mobo, get a good cooling system because its an i9 lmao.