Problem with fps in valorant

Ethancool1234g

Hi all,

My pc used to get around 300 fps in valorant (i usually cap at 165) but one day, the PC only gets around 100 fps and has a bit of lag spike. Is there any way to solve this. (I have attempted to change various setting to bring up fps but the fps is always the same including the texture quality) 10900k+2060 32 gb ram 3200

Thanks 

• 4 weeks later...

Well for starters, you are using a 10th gen not that it matters especially with 10 cores it is a bit out dated but still very functionable, however Valorant doesn't have very good cpu optimization in general. It does seem odd that you are getting drops with your specs, in what situations do these drops occur? What are your settings, and what other apps do you run in the background while playing?

Another problem could be storage and the speed of your SSD or HDD and the space you have left. I usually don't ever have drops, maybe only when alot if stuff is being flung around like ults and whatnot and I have worse specs so to say the least I am confused on why this is happening.

Gigabyte B560m DS3H AC | Intel i5 11400f | AMD RX 6500 XT 4gb | T-Force TUF 16gb (2x8) 3200 mhz

Samsung 27' CRG5 Freesync, 144hz | Lenovo 21.5' LI2264d, 75hz