Would a triple fan GPU cooler or a 240mm CPU cooler result in a cooler system?

BuickLord

I am cross shopping two graphics cards made by Asus RX7600XT dual fan and the triple fan TUF gaming version. The price difference is about $60 USD. But for about $100 USD I can attain a 240mm Bequiet AIO. My thought is to replace my stock CPU cooler (AMD Wraith Prism) and have the 240mm aio exhaust the heat out the top of the case, before it can reach the GPU to decrease gpu temps and avoid the extra gpu cost and improve cpu performance among the way. My system currently runs two front 120mm be quiet and 1 120mm out back. Would this accomplish the goal or would it be useless.

For that price you can get a better 6700xt once you tac on that 60$

If you want to lower cpu temps just get a thermalright peerless asassin 120/140 its cheap and great.

Btw unless you have a GARBAGE airflow case a 7600xt should not at all have an issue running cool.

So on that note full spec list would be appreciated and make sure to mention the case

To answer your question first, just get the dual fan gpu. But to further explain. 2 vs 3 fans really depends on which gpu you are talking about. All things being equal, having more fans means it would spin a lot less to maintain the same temp So more fans would be quieter(in general). Then you add that 3 fans means it would also have more/bigger heatsink, which also helps in keep the gpu cool better. However, bigger heatsink and 3 fans doesn't always mean better. On lower end cards that does not consume to much power. Hence does not produce to much heat, dual fans is more than enough. So for cards that only around 250w and lower, a dual fan in more than enough. Just make sure that your case have a good ventilation. Also For CPU, a dual tower thermalright peerless assassin at $30-40, would work like any AIO and even better. But if you really want an AIO, try Arctic Liquid Freezer II or III, either 240mm, 280mm, 360mm, whichever fits your budget.

On 3/2/2024 at 5:07 PM, BuickLord said:

I am cross shopping two graphics cards made by Asus RX7600XT dual fan and the triple fan TUF gaming version. The price difference is about $60 USD. But for about $100 USD I can attain a 240mm Bequiet AIO. My thought is to replace my stock CPU cooler (AMD Wraith Prism) and have the 240mm aio exhaust the heat out the top of the case, before it can reach the GPU to decrease gpu temps and avoid the extra gpu cost and improve cpu performance among the way. My system currently runs two front 120mm be quiet and 1 120mm out back. Would this accomplish the goal or would it be useless.

What CPU, case and fan setup do you currently have? It might be worth saving that $60, paying $10 for an extra fan and saving the remaining $50 for something else entirely, groceries, something else useful or whatever youd like really

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

I have an AMD 2700X, with 2 120mm intake fans in the front and 1 120 mm intake in the rear, with the possibility of a 2 120mm fans on the top rear of the case.

6 hours ago, BuickLord said:

I have an AMD 2700X, with 2 120mm intake fans in the front and 1 120 mm intake in the rear, with the possibility of a 2 120mm fans on the top rear of the case.

What case and cooler do you have also?

System specs:

The case is a Cougar MX330, CPU cooler is the AMD Wraith Prism RGB (The bigger AMD stock cooler), and a set of three 120mm Be Quiet System Fans.

On 3/5/2024 at 11:37 PM, BuickLord said:

The case is a Cougar MX330, CPU cooler is the AMD Wraith Prism RGB (The bigger AMD stock cooler), and a set of three 120mm Be Quiet System Fans.

Either card should be fine then, the wraith prism should be plenty for the 2700X and you have a decent case with a decent fan setup. I dont think whichever card you buy will affect the temps in any meaningful way, so you should be fine

System specs: