Looking for a wireless mouse that is similar in feel and size to the Logitech MX Master 3S but has 9+ side buttons (mmo mouse?)

t33to

I really enjoy how heavy the MXM3s, if it had 10 side buttons on it that would be amazing, alas it doesn't appear Logitech makes such a product.

I also need the mouse to not require any special driverware (Linux user), I don't want to macro these buttons to anything, I just need them to appear in my games as Mouse5, Mouse7 etc.

Any recommendations?

1 minute ago, t33to said:

I just need them to appear in my games as Mouse5, Mouse7 etc.

This is probably going to be a problem. At least in my experience after the MMB and two side buttons for forward and back, you need to bind additional buttons to existing keyboard buttons. At least this is how its been handled with my Logitech products. 

Someone with a Corsair Scimitar may be able to help further. 

The only wireless MMO style mouse I know of personally is the Steelseries Aerox 9 which is aimed at being an MMO style lighter weight mouse compared to most. If you want the heft and feeling, then I would look at something like the Logitech G600 or Corsair Scimitar. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Yeah, Corsair Scimitar,  Razer Naga and Logitech G600 are hefty for gaming mice. I really am concerned about the buttons beyond Mouse 5. I know with my G502X which has two additional buttons, there is no "Mouse 6" and "Mouse 7", those buttons are not bound at all by default. In the software you have to bind them and you can only pick from existing buttons the OS is aware of, Mouse 6 and 7 aren't even options. 

This leads to problems for me if I want to use them in games as I have to bind the mouse to a button then make sure that button is used for that action in game. Then if I ever hit the mouse button outside of that game it'll do whatever its bound to. I've hit "G" many times while typing things accidentally grabbing the mouse and hitting that button. 

If someone has more experience with how additional button binding beyond Mouse 5 works that would be great.