Asus Zenbook Duo (2024) vs. Lenovo Yoga Book 9i (Gen 9, 2024))

Hey Everyone 馃檪

I'll start University again this Fall. For this I want to purchase a new Laptop, since my Gen 1 Surface Book (Performance Edition) that I bought in 2018 probably won't last me that long anymore, first and foremost the battery life.

I definitely want a 2-Display Laptop, since I always hated writing papers and multitasking multiple windows on 1 screen.

Now the question is: What would you guys go for?

What Brand is more reliable?

Any experience with the devices already?

How is pricing in your country? Here in Switzerland it's almost double the MSRP for the Zenbook lmao

Pros Zenbook:

-Better Processor Available

-Keyboard with Trackpad (and backlight)

-Can be stored as a whole in Backpack

-More Ports (I hate dongles)

Cons Zenbook:

-Only folds to 180掳

-Uglier

-Takes up more depth it seems in "stacked" mode

Pros Yoga Book:

-Beautiful

-Folds 360掳 to Tent & Tablet Mode

-Compact Keyboard

Cons Yoga Book:

-Touch Trackpad sounds awful

-Less Performance

-Cluttery Storage prone to loosing Kickstand/Keyboard

-(Foldable Kickstand might be flimsy?)

Thanks for the Insight!

44 minutes ago, Tackomeil said:

Hey Everyone 馃檪

I'll start University again this Fall. For this I want to purchase a new Laptop, since my Gen 1 Surface Book (Performance Edition) that I bought in 2018 probably won't last me that long anymore, first and foremost the battery life.

I definitely want a 2-Display Laptop, since I always hated writing papers and multitasking multiple windows on 1 screen.

Now the question is: What would you guys go for?

What Brand is more reliable?

Any experience with the devices already?

How is pricing in your country? Here in Switzerland it's almost double the MSRP for the Zenbook lmao

Pros Zenbook:

-Better Processor Available

-Keyboard with Trackpad (and backlight)

-Can be stored as a whole in Backpack

-More Ports (I hate dongles)

Cons Zenbook:

-Only folds to 180掳

-Uglier

-Takes up more depth it seems in "stacked" mode

Pros Yoga Book:

-Beautiful

-Folds 360掳 to Tent & Tablet Mode

-Compact Keyboard

Cons Yoga Book:

-Touch Trackpad sounds awful

-Less Performance

-Cluttery Storage prone to loosing Kickstand/Keyboard

-(Foldable Kickstand might be flimsy?)

Thanks for the Insight!

If I'm looking at the right models, the Zenbook comes with an 'H' type CPU where the Yoga Book comes with a 'U' type CPU.

By that comparison alone, for anything intensive, I would elect for the Zenbook. The U series processors just aren't designed for productivity and can struggle with advanced multitasking. I use a gaming laptop at work for this very reason, since I can easily outrun even the best ultrabook 'U' type CPU. I can even run into scenarios at work where I'm 100%'ing a 5800HS which is no slouch.聽

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012聽 //聽 Professional since 2017

21 minutes ago, Agall said:

The U series processors just aren't designed for productivity and can struggle with advanced multitasking.

While I usually agree that a better CPU should be the number 1 priority on a laptop, battery life seems to be an important factor to OP.

And the Yoga that I've seen matching his description has a Core Ultra 7 155U... sadly we don't have any benchmarks for this one yet, but it's no slouch either for a ULV CPU as it looks very similar to 13th gen core i5:

image.png.21d4cfe2e7a9f2f19f0322a2dc44b70e.png

Recently I purchased the Asus Zenbook Duo 15 with i9 12th gen processor. Even though reviewers claim the battery life is bad, a lot can be done to greatly extend it.

Of course, if you use it for 4k rendering on battery it would drain fast, however, if you use it for editing word files and casual web browsing while on the battery, battery life can greatly improve. I can easily get more than 5h on battery for the most of the time. But when I need an extra power, I just plug it in. I am not going to do advanced simulations which are CPU intensive or play Cities Skylines II on the go anyways. It is an amazing machine and the second screen such an awesome feature you never knew you needed.

However if you go with weaker CPU you can never plug it in an enjoy the great performance. But if you have a good CPU you can always do things to increase the battery life.