WiFi hotspot or similar

Mr. GoodStuff

Long story short I want to use my PlayStation Portal but it won’t connect and I’m assuming it’s because it is blocked on the network. When I try to visit PlayStation.com it will not load, it doesn’t say blocked but it says it cannot be loaded. Works fine if I disconnect from that WiFi network. 

I have xfinity so I can connect to the xfinity hotspots but they are a bit too far for the Portal to reach. 

1) if I use a travel router connected via LAN to said network to create my own WiFi network, will PlayStation still be blocked?

2) are there any options out there that will allow me to connect my laptop to an xfinity hotspot and then create another hotspot I can use to connect the Portal?

8 minutes ago, Mr. GoodStuff said:

Long story short I want to use my PlayStation Portal but it won’t connect and I’m assuming it’s because it is blocked on the network. When I try to visit PlayStation.com it will not load, it doesn’t say blocked but it says it cannot be loaded. Works fine if I disconnect from that WiFi network. 

I have xfinity so I can connect to the xfinity hotspots but they are a bit too far for the Portal to reach. 

1) if I use a travel router connected via LAN to said network to create my own WiFi network, will PlayStation still be blocked?

2) are there any options out there that will allow me to connect my laptop to an xfinity hotspot and then create another hotspot I can use to connect the Portal?

Windows doesn't require any app to create a hotspot off a wifi network. You can even do it with your phone if you have an android phone! Not sure about apple can't say.

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

33 minutes ago, Hellowpplz said:

Windows doesn't require any app to create a hotspot off a wifi network. You can even do it with your phone if you have an android phone! Not sure about apple can't say.

Interesting. I did see some info on it but thought it was only able to create the hotspot off a LAN connection. 

13 hours ago, Mr. GoodStuff said:

Interesting. I did see some info on it but thought it was only able to create the hotspot off a LAN connection. 

Nope, works fine for me on windows 11 laptop and on my s22

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

15 hours ago, Mr. GoodStuff said:

Yes, if it's blocked by your modem/router/WiFi combo unit. A second router "behind" another router can't override the firewall settings on the first router, it can only be as restrictive, or even more so.

The "xfinitywifi" guest network doesn't follow the same firewall rules as your "regular" network.

You need to talk to whoever's in charge of your "regular" network and ask if they can un-block the Playstation services.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.