Newly built pc restarts at random

SkadetSoren

Hello

Im new to building a pc

I had the joy of building my own new pc, but there is a problem with it.

My pc boots and there is no problem in idle. However when i start playing a game (i have only played elden ring, and league of legends), it randomly restarts.

Sometimes i only get to play for 30 minutes, and sometimes i get to play for how long i want.

At one point i restarted multiple times

Specs:

- AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor

- Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

- MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard

- 2x Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory

- Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive

- Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 4070 Ti 12 GB Video Card

Corsair 7000D AIRFLOW ATX Full Tower Case

- Corsair RM1000x (2021) 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

- 3x Corsair LL120 43.25 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack

CPU Temp:

- Idle around 35°-40° celsius

- While gaming around 55°-65° celsius

I have read that those temps are ideal

I have been reading online about what could be the problem. However im not so sure, because i cant seem to find anyone with the same problem.

What i read, is it could be a problem with XMP, which i have turned on, but don't know how to change without turning it off.

I also read the it could be a problem with PSU, not delivering enough power. But i dont think it is that.

I am a bit stumped, but any tips would be great :)

11 minutes ago, SkadetSoren said:

it could be a problem with XMP

did you try turning xmp off?

If your question is answered, mark it so.  | It's probably just coil whine, and it is probably just fine |   LTT Movie Club!

Read the docs. If they don't exist, write them. | Professional Thread Derailer

Desktop: i7-8700K, RTX 2080, 16G 3200Mhz, EndeavourOS(host), win10 (VFIO), Fedora(VFIO)

Server: ryzen 9 5900x, GTX 970, 64G 3200Mhz, Unraid.

13 minutes ago, SkadetSoren said:

Hello

Im new to building a pc

I had the joy of building my own new pc, but there is a problem with it.

My pc boots and there is no problem in idle. However when i start playing a game (i have only played elden ring, and league of legends), it randomly restarts.

Sometimes i only get to play for 30 minutes, and sometimes i get to play for how long i want.

At one point i restarted multiple times

Specs:

- AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor

- Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

- MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard

- 2x Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory

- Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive

- Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 4070 Ti 12 GB Video Card

Corsair 7000D AIRFLOW ATX Full Tower Case

- Corsair RM1000x (2021) 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

- 3x Corsair LL120 43.25 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack

CPU Temp:

- Idle around 35°-40° celsius

- While gaming around 55°-65° celsius

I have read that those temps are ideal

I have been reading online about what could be the problem. However im not so sure, because i cant seem to find anyone with the same problem.

What i read, is it could be a problem with XMP, which i have turned on, but don't know how to change without turning it off.

I also read the it could be a problem with PSU, not delivering enough power. But i dont think it is that.

I am a bit stumped, but any tips would be great 🙂

It sounds like either a GPU or PSU issue, make sure ALL the cables are FULLY plugged in, especially on the GPU. Try turning off XMP (the option is somwehere in the BIOS). Are any of the parts currently overclocked? What are your GPU temps when gaming? Try running 3DMark (free demo on steam) to test your GPU and try running Cinebench to test your CPU.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

You are playing multiplayer games that have anti cheat. The anti cheat is misbehaving and it's messing things up after you quit the game.

33 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

It sounds like either a GPU or PSU issue, make sure ALL the cables are FULLY plugged in, especially on the GPU. Try turning off XMP (the option is somwehere in the BIOS). Are any of the parts currently overclocked? What are your GPU temps when gaming? Try running 3DMark (free demo on steam) to test your GPU and try running Cinebench to test your CPU.

I have checked every cable, and all are fully plugged in. I have no parts that were overclocked from the factory, and im not sure if i have overclocked anything. I only enabled XMP in bios. But i will try to disable XMP. My GPU temps are: In idle 40°-50°, under load 50°-60°. And i will try using 3DMark and Cinebench

6 minutes ago, SkadetSoren said:

I have checked every cable, and all are fully plugged in. I have no parts that were overclocked from the factory, and im not sure if i have overclocked anything. I only enabled XMP in bios. But i will try to disable XMP. My GPU temps are: In idle 40°-50°, under load 50°-60°. And i will try using 3DMark and Cinebench

Could it be my monitor, that the problem lies with. I am using an Acer KG251Q.

4 hours ago, SkadetSoren said:

Could it be my monitor, that the problem lies with. I am using an Acer KG251Q.

If the PC is randomly restarting I wouldn't say its your monitor.

My First PC
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

4 hours ago, SkadetSoren said:

I will try using 3DMark and Cinebench

Let me know how that goes, while your at it you could also run memtest to make sure it's not your memory. Maybe roam around in the BIOS and see if there is a setting turned on or off that may be causing issues. 

My First PC

Well it has been a few days, and i have been testing various games, and tried 3DMark and Cinebench. I also turned XMP off. It seemed to help, by turning XMP off. My PC only crashed once after disabling XMP. The game i played was league of legends. One thing i noticed was that my CPU temp raised to 70° while loading a youtube video. It only happend once. I tried loading many more and on the same time, without the cpu temp exceeding 60°. 

Udklip.PNG

Udklip 4.PNG

Udklip 1.PNG

Udklip 2.PNG

Udklip 5.PNG