Best upgrade ever!!

I had a workstation which had:

i5-7500

8gb ddr4

And 1 hdd and ssd 

I upgraded it and put 8gb more Ram and the rx 6400. And it was totally worth it.

I get about 90-120 fps in fortnite

90-150 fps in cs2

and Valorant easily above 120.

Please do contact me if you yourself are planning to do an upgrade like. I will be most welcome to help you 🙃

the extra 8gb:  100% A boost.  that was a super smart upgrade

The GPU I question.  the 6400 is just not a good choice in general.  The RTX 3050 6GB would be a much better choice today. 

Good for you getting that upgrade! CPUs can last a long time if you're not chasing 400fps in demanding games.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

24 minutes ago, tkitch said:

The GPU I question.  the 6400 is just not a good choice in general.  The RTX 3050 6GB would be a much better choice today. 

Or hell a used rx580 8gb its faster and actually can play videos with gpu acceleration s the rx 6400 and 6500xt do NOT have a media engine at all. As well as perform a lot worse on pcie 3.0 which op has

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Or hell a used rx580 8gb its faster and actually can play videos with gpu acceleration s the rx 6400 and 6500xt do NOT have a media engine at all. As well as perform a lot worse on pcie 3.0 which op has

with a non-K CPU, I'm betting it's an Office PC, and has a super-weak PSU.  (Maybe even low profile)

Most of those boxes can't run an RX 580

3 minutes ago, tkitch said:

with a non-K CPU, I'm betting it's an Office PC, and has a super-weak PSU.  (Maybe even low profile)

Most of those boxes can't run an RX 580

True but like a psu + adapter to adapt the proprietary cables + rx580 is totally doable in the budget of a rx6400 as its quite overpriced

44 minutes ago, tkitch said:

While you're not wrong, for all we know the 3050 might have been just outside their budget, and/or they got a deal on the 6400 which made the upgrade feasible.

End of the day, it sounds like it's meeting their needs and they're happy with it. Not much point knocking their purchase unless they're asking for opinions on the upgrade.

Parasoshill

adjective

• A person whose parasocial relationship with a social media influencer or content creator has driven them to promote or blindly defend them, acting as a shill for their benefit.

1 minute ago, WildDagwood said:

While you're not wrong, for all we know the 3050 might have been just outside their budget, and/or they got a deal on the 6400 which made the upgrade feasible.

End of the day, it sounds like it's meeting their needs and they're happy with it. Not much point knocking their purchase unless they're asking for opinions on the upgrade.

maybe so, but when they start telling other people to upgrade to what are objectively bad parts, that's a different story. 

5 minutes ago, tkitch said:

maybe so, but when they start telling other people to upgrade to what are objectively bad parts, that's a different story. 

Get where you're coming from but those hypotheticals can be addressed when the time comes (assuming they start offering advice in other threads).

Personally, I'd leave it at "I don't agree with the choice in GPU but I don't know the situation surrounding your upgrade either. Sounds like it's doing what you need it to so enjoy it, but don't hesitate to reach out for advice in the future as maybe you'll gain some good insight on how to optimize your dollar".

Parasoshill

adjective

• A person whose parasocial relationship with a social media influencer or content creator has driven them to promote or blindly defend them, acting as a shill for their benefit.

6 minutes ago, WildDagwood said:

Get where you're coming from but those hypotheticals can be addressed when the time comes (assuming they start offering advice in other threads).

Personally, I'd leave it at "I don't agree with the choice in GPU but I don't know the situation surrounding your upgrade either. Sounds like it's doing what you need it to so enjoy it, but don't hesitate to reach out for advice in the future as maybe you'll gain some good insight on how to optimize your dollar".

nope.

Just now, tkitch said:

nope.

Not sure how to respond to that cause it doesn't seem like a response to anything I said, in any context.

You do you though, I just don't see the point in critiquing something someone is happy with when they never asked for that kind of input, basing it on assumptions no less.

Parasoshill

adjective

1 hour ago, tkitch said:

I can only put a low profile card in there and rx6400 is perfect since it doesn’t consume much power.

58 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Rx 580 would be better but it won’t fit and since my monitor is 1366x768 and performance loss isn’t much

1 minute ago, dhruv_k_1307 said:

I can only put a low profile card in there and rx6400 is perfect since it doesn’t consume much power.

3050 6gb comes in low profile, also it does not use PCIE Power, just the PCIE slot. 

34 minutes ago, WildDagwood said:

Exactly I got in brand new condition for 101 dollars.

Just now, tkitch said:

3050 6gb comes in low profile, also it does not use PCIE Power, just the PCIE slot. 

280 watt proprietary psu won’t be able to handle that

5 minutes ago, WildDagwood said:

Not sure how to respond to that cause it doesn't seem like a response to anything I said, in any context.

You do you though, I just don't see the point in critiquing something someone is happy with when they never asked for that kind of input, basing it on assumptions no less.

I'm not passing out champion ribbons because someone showed up.  
And your opinion is your opinion, but does not apply to me. 

1 minute ago, dhruv_k_1307 said:

280 watt proprietary psu won’t be able to handle that

yes it will, it doesn't use more power than the 6400

the 6gb is important.

The 8gb uses a lot more power. 

2 minutes ago, tkitch said:

In India it’s very expensive even if it is used

My parents anyways didn’t allow me to buy a GPU and I’m pretty happy with the rx 6400. So yeah 3050 is better but I’m getting by with rx 6400 

14 minutes ago, tkitch said:

I'm not passing out champion ribbons because someone showed up.  
And your opinion is your opinion, but does not apply to me. 

Never said they did.

Just a passive-aggressive way to respond if you don't agree with it and doesn't give anything to respond to as part of a conversation (I don't know what you're saying "nope" to, like it's a statement). If you disagree and don't want to engage in why, a better response is "agree to disagree".

Parasoshill

adjective

1 hour ago, dhruv_k_1307 said:

and Valorant easily above 120.

I know this is a slight tangent, but I want to note on how well Riot has done at optimizing their games. I mean, Valorant is relatively new and relatively good looking as well. I have played Val on a 12-year-old Macbook with legitimately a very smooth experience. It's absolutely insane how good a job they've done at that.

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

2 minutes ago, GoStormPlays said:

I know this is a slight tangent, but I want to note on how well Riot has done at optimizing their games. I mean, Valorant is relatively new and relatively good looking as well. I have played Val on a 12-year-old Macbook with legitimately a very smooth experience. It's absolutely insane how good a job they've done at that.

Very true