BONDING THE MAGIC WORD FOR MORE SPEEEEEEEEEED ?

Gortyy

hello guys , i decided to host a server at home . yes its not efficient , yes my internet speed sucks with 20Mb/s but i want a server at home to host minecraft servers for about 100 players , a few little websites and stuff like that for my self . main reason is that im facinated by such technology that i couldnt tuch till today because i ddnt have neither the money neither the knowledge to do so. but today i decided that i want to invest my money in such a project to try stuff and learn. so my plan is to have a server in my room with a firewall 'hardware one' and the only problem was my internet speed that ddnt allow me to host stuff . putting the server in a data center will cost me like 90% of my salary . its expencive in my country so i discovered BONDING , heard that it can double my internet speed by plugging into it 2 or more internet entries each entry is its own subscription at 20Mb/s and no i cant upgrade it cuz the cables coming from the street are caped at 20Mb/s . did anyone do that ? will it work ? how to know what router or hardware materiel to buy to configure this and test it before i accualy invest in the server . i have 3 internet subscriptions at home cuz we are a family ...

ps : thank you for reading ❤️

1 minute ago, Gortyy said:

hello guys , i decided to host a server at home . yes its not efficient , yes my internet speed sucks with 20Mb/s but i want a server at home to host minecraft servers for about 100 players , a few little websites and stuff like that for my self . main reason is that im facinated by such technology that i couldnt tuch till today because i ddnt have neither the money neither the knowledge to do so. but today i decided that i want to invest my money in such a project to try stuff and learn. so my plan is to have a server in my room with a firewall 'hardware one' and the only problem was my internet speed that ddnt allow me to host stuff . putting the server in a data center will cost me like 90% of my salary . its expencive in my country so i discovered BONDING , heard that it can double my internet speed by plugging into it 2 or more internet entries each entry is its own subscription at 20Mb/s and no i cant upgrade it cuz the cables coming from the street are caped at 20Mb/s . did anyone do that ? will it work ? how to know what router or hardware materiel to buy to configure this and test it before i accualy invest in the server . i have 3 internet subscriptions at home cuz we are a family ...

if you can get your internet company to run 2 separate lines to your house, then yea you can probably use bonding

2 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

if you can get your internet company to run 2 separate lines to your house, then yea you can probably use bonding

hello dear ki8aras i already have 3 of them and 2 more if we count ones that go to different floors . the question is what hardware do i use to do BONDING please ?

40 Mb/sec still isn't adequate to host a 100 player Minecraft server. (And remember that's your download speed. Your upload speed is more important for servers, and if I remember right from your other thread, that's 6Mb/sec. Bonding a second connection won't give you enough bandwidth, because that's still only 12Mb/sec.)

You're better off renting a server instance than hosting on your own hardware.

Oracle Cloud's free tier lets you run an ARM-based Linux VM for free, assuming the service is available in your region.

https://blogs.oracle.com/developers/post/how-to-set-up-and-run-a-really-powerful-free-minecraft-server-in-the-cloud

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

25 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

40 Mb/sec still isn't adequate to host a 100 player Minecraft server. (And remember that's your download speed. Your upload speed is more important for servers, and if I remember right from your other thread, that's 6Mb/sec. Bonding a second connection won't give you enough bandwidth, because that's still only 12Mb/sec.)

You're better off renting a server instance than hosting on your own hardware.

Oracle Cloud's free tier lets you run an ARM-based Linux VM for free, assuming the service is available in your region.

https://blogs.oracle.com/developers/post/how-to-set-up-and-run-a-really-powerful-free-minecraft-server-in-the-cloud

its at the same time a deception to hear that i cant ,and a relief cuz at least iknow i wont be wasting my money , 2 last questions . will it be enough to host websites ? and is this config good to run my minecraft server image.thumb.png.4e48ab5a4cb4ee0b8d1bf1e42d6da7b7.png

Just now, Gortyy said:

@Needfuldoerits at the same time a deception to hear that i cant ,and a relief cuz at least iknow i wont be wasting my money , 2 last questions . will it be enough to host websites ? and is this config good to run my minecraft server image.thumb.png.4e48ab5a4cb4ee0b8d1bf1e42d6da7b7.png

On 2/26/2024 at 4:46 PM, Gortyy said:

Bonding is a very bad idea for gaming due to latency differences between lines causing out-of-order packets.  Your router will need to buffer those packets until it can combine them, causing lag.  Plus a router capable of bonding is not usually cheap or necessarily simple to setup, as you need an ISP that actually supports it.

However for hosting its not necessary at all.  If you have two lines then get a domain and add both public IP addresses to it so users will randomly hit one or the other.  It wont guarantee an even load, but then web hosting off the same line as a game server is likely to cause bandwidth issues anyway.

I just REALLY wouldn't host a web server from home, a small VPS can be had for a couple of dollars a month.  I do host my own, but so I have access to my entire NAS when away from home, and still host my website and e-mail on a VPS.

On 2/26/2024 at 5:35 PM, Needfuldoer said:

I never knew this was a thing, I wonder how they make this financially viable?  The hope that people grow beyond the free tier and pay for more?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7