Who else listens to the WAN show on iPod?

This morning my hackintosh system just decided for usb drives to mount which means my iPod is working through macos. I started dumping music on it and I decided to put the WAN show on my iPod because you can do that. Even though I downloaded the podcast from Apple Podcasts the podcast art didn't transfer over.

Who else listens to the podcast this way or do you guys just watch the VOD?

PXL_20240226_160015181.MP.jpg

Couldn’t find the iPod that I have episodes on to take a photo but yes I do. I only have one episode on it, though.

Wanna guess which episode it is?

IMG_3524.jpeg

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

I drive about 3 hours every Sunday, so I'd always traditionally listened to the audio version with my favorite podcast app on my phone. 

I eventually switched over the using the Youtube app, and downloading the video though, while still just listing to the audio with the app in the background, just because once in a while they'll be talking about something, and I want to quickly pop over to the video to see what they're talking about (when it's safe to do so).

But still, I'm 99% audio only, yes.

Downloading and watching in video form at 1.25x speed on phone when on the move. 

But that's a fine idea, and it reminds me that while it technically "works" iTunes on PC is really the worst piece of hot garbage software there is. No cover either

image.thumb.jpeg.7e691d7f70a075730be33ad8b8b11913.jpeg

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

6 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Downloading and watching in video form at 1.25x speed on phone when on the move. 

But that's a fine idea, and it reminds me that while it technically "works" iTunes on PC is really the worst piece of hot garbage software there is. No cover either

image.thumb.jpeg.7e691d7f70a075730be33ad8b8b11913.jpeg

Yeah I used to use a Windows 7 KVM on Fedora since I dual boot macos and linux on my laptop and the rhythmbox program on Fedora doesn't sync music correctly so I just have windows for iTunes only and pass through the iPod to.

8 hours ago, Kilrah said:

You might have better luck with iMazing or even MusicBee(which supports syncing to Apple devices). I haven't used iTunes in a while(including uninstalling it) after replacing it with iMazing.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

4 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

You might have better luck with iMazing or even MusicBee(which supports syncing to Apple devices). I haven't used iTunes in a while(including uninstalling it) after replacing it with iMazing.

Yeah I've used iMazing and others but here since it involved getting the podcast and seeing if the cover art transferred... and it already failed at the point of doing that, before the iPod was even involved. Search for podcast, subscribe, error. "Get" an episode instead and that works, then go to the library, right-click on it and subscribe from there and it's somehow ok this time 🙄

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

On 2/27/2024 at 12:55 AM, Kilrah said:

Search for podcast, subscribe, error. "Get" an episode instead and that works, then go to the library, right-click on it and subscribe from there and it's somehow ok this time 🙄

I haven't had this problem before. iTunes works pretty flawlessly for me.

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

No, because I enjoy all the benefits of a full featured podcast player (I use overcast). e.g...

smart speed (eliminates the silences)

volume level equalization across episodes/podcasts

elimination of the lead in (for many shows this eliminates all ads)

elimination of the lead out

chapter support (great for skipping ads in podcasts that make them their own chapter)

easy sharing of clips or episodes with friends

... plus that way I can control the podcasts through my head unit, through carplay, without taking my phone out of my pocket, plugging anything in, etc

Or, if I'm walking, control them through the watch companion app, so I can leave my phone in my pocket.

... and that way they auto pause for phone cars, navigation talking, etc.

I listened to podcasts on an iPod for years. Didn't have much appeal to me once the iPhone came out.

On 2/26/2024 at 11:03 AM, crystalstorm said:

This morning my hackintosh system just decided for usb drives to mount which means my iPod is working through macos. I started dumping music on it and I decided to put the WAN show on my iPod because you can do that. Even though I downloaded the podcast from Apple Podcasts the podcast art didn't transfer over.

Who else listens to the podcast this way or do you guys just watch the VOD?

PXL_20240226_160015181.MP.jpg

I listen to it not on an iPod but on Apple Podcasts...

- Angela Hornung

Who else falls asleep while watching the WANshow? I often listen to it late at night. I lay in my bed, earphones in and... I'm just soothed to sleep by Linus' voice. lol

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I always download the WAN Show right before I go on a flight or out of service. Hours of entertainment!

If I wanted quick tech news I would watch Techlinked.