Ross Scott (Freeman's Mind) - Dead Game News: Early plans for stopping companies from destroying games

Deadrawkstar

This seems WAN Show Worthy

Summary

Ross talks about what it takes (and will take) to keep games as a service (like The Crew) from being shut down. Effectively not being able to play it ever again, when Ubisoft shuts down the servers in April.

Quotes

Big update on plans for stopping companies from killing games using The Crew shutdown as a way to take action. Feel free to help and give feedback. Stuff will be happening in April!

My thoughts

Seems like something Linus would be interested in spreading, Linus and Luke both have talked about games shutting down being frustrating and it should be illegal.

Sources

Moved to PC gaming. 

Posting a YouTube video you liked does not qualify as tech news. In this case the news topic would have been that Ubisoft is shutting down the online services for The Crew. This was news 2 months ago. 

They covered it in their game news focused channel GameLinked back in December. 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

• 1 month later...

I'm happy to see ross scott's new website and mission with the crew got covered on WAN show. I feel weird thinking back to the time i suggested it as a topic, but i guess it wasn't the time and place, but i feel unheard after suggesting it and getting shot down... Thanks.