Sound bar problem

Hi, I need help figuring out a problem with my great grandmothers TV and sound bar. When ever I turn the sound bar on the TV has to be muted and it disconnects from the news channel she is watching and turn a a channel that is just static. She used aftershock open ear Bluetooth ear buds because the sound bothered my great grandfather but she want to go back to the sounds bar. She has a ysp 1000 yamaha with samsung plasma tv series 8 850-860. If anyone knows how to fix that it would be great. 

3 hours ago, Ezra Lewis said:

When ever I turn the sound bar on the TV has to be muted and it disconnects from the news channel she is watching and turn a a channel that is just static.

I know with my moms BOSE soundbar we ran it thru optical out on the TV and the TV speakers were disabled. Maybe see about disabling the TV speakers and trying to just use the sound bar.

3 hours ago, Ezra Lewis said:

samsung plasma tv series 8 850-860

I have a Samsung LCD TV, probably from the same time period and have external speakers connected, my TV also disabled the on board speakers.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

How is the soundbar connected to TV? I don't think ARC would have been on that TV, so I'm guessing either 3.5mm/aux or optical? When you say static, do you mean the TV goes to The Ring-like static channel, or there's just static for the audio? If it's just audio static but the TV stays on the news channel, check your connections. Make sure the cables are plugged in the whole way and the soundbar is set to correct input. Also check the Samsung audio settings; if it's connected via optical, you might need to change the setting from 'Auto' to 'PCM' and make sure the option for external speakers is on. If the TV itself is going to a static channel, for some reason the Yamaha remote power signal also changes the TV input to antenna/coax. I've never seen that behavior before between Yamaha and Samsung TV's, but it could be possible. Test it by leaving the soundbar unplugged and powered off; turn the TV to the usual news channel, and press the Yamaha power button on the remote. If the TV changes inputs, then there is your issue.

Thanks for the help, I'll have to check stuff and try those solutions in a few days.